Sign in to follow this  
eddie247

Non Lethal Force and Restraint System

Rather than non-lethal weapons, why not disarming? Shooting someone in the hand is likely to make them drop their gun. Must less being able to shoot back semi-effectively. Shooting someone in the foot should make them drop to the gound in pain, and crawl around. Also, they should be able to get 20 bullets to the leg and being totally immobilized rather than dead. Legshots are hardly fatal instantly.

Rather than non-lethal weapons, why not disarming? Shooting someone in the hand is likely to make them drop their gun. Must less being able to shoot back semi-effectively. Shooting someone in the foot should make them drop to the gound in pain, and crawl around. Also, they should be able to get 20 bullets to the leg and being totally immobilized rather than dead. Legshots are hardly fatal instantly.

Depends what hand they shoot with... :P But yes it should definately effect accuracy, movement and maybe the way they hold the weapon; if they can keep hold of it.

I would like to see limping animations too; it would make the game more playable without dropping to the floor everytime you're hit.

Depends where they were hit in the legs; the femoral artery would bleed like a tap - they'd soon be unconscious and they'd very likely be combat ineffective straight away. And it may fracture a bone; but immoblisation is a big step towards them not being as 'super' AI as now. They crawl away from almost every shot - I'd like to see them mix it up.

But agreed; disarming sounds cool!

While we're at it, why not the ability to actually shoot the gun? It seems odd to me that rifles are able to withstand hundreds of bullet impacts. Carrying a HMG actually works as armor, in the current system.

Lol 20 bullets to the leg and it probably wouldnt be there anymore. Realism like that is missing from most if not all modern fps / milsims. Roll it on.

Weapon repair kit would be an interesting addition (for hardcore mode maybe? or as a module)

Shooting a weapon from someones hand would be FTW!!

And I totally agree at the weapons acting like body armour. V annoying and amusing at times of boredom (i.e. trying to shoot your teammates weapon without killing them ;))

Shortly after I got BAF, I was playing a MP game and my gun got hit, and the next time I went to bring up my sight, which was a SUSAT I think, I found myself staring through the irons on top of the sight. I thought my gun getting hit had broken my optic. In reality I had just not yet discovered the CQB sight feature, and had accidentally hit the optic key during a fight.

Your weapon being disabled if hit would be cool, though annoying.

I agree, better animations for throwing grenades; for them to be more reliable. But the problem with ACE's flashbangs is that they could 'flash' you through walls. It didn't detect walls and objects.

I agree completely. Which is why I hope flash bangs are implemented properly in ArmA 3 from the start (or at least in an Arrowhead like expansion).

The grenade throwing is also another issue. To throw a grenade into a door you essnetially have to stand directly in front of it. This kind of voids the usefulness of a flash bang. RO2 and Ground Branch (sadly I doubt this will be released) have added the ability to throw grenades around doors. This is really needed in ArmA 3.

All they need to fix the grenade "throwing" complications is to make the grenade go where you are looking...and not 45 degrees higher. I'm gonna say it's pretty much like this is most other fps games, and yeah yeah this is ArmA and BIS has their reasons, but really, just make it simple so you have a better gauge of where you are tossing that nade rather than just "in the direction i'm facing". You are right, to get a grenade into a doorway you have to look down a bit to get it to go straight in.

They need to make it easier for movement and throwing also without doing an animation that makes your character move 20m and at the same time be totally inaccurate and you can't just get out of the animation if a threat is there. I'd like to see an AA2/AA3-like animation of the support hand come out as a guage of where you are throwing it; the system is also good for knowing how far you will throw dependant on the amount of time you hold it down for - Arma is too unpredictable to get a good degree of assurity that you are throwing it 1) in the right place and 2) at the right distance.

I would also like to see the flashbang implemented correctly.

In order to do this there would need to be a rework of the throwing and or cover systems to allow players to throw the nades around corners.

This could be done possibly with the lean buttons when a grenade is equipped. How that would work to throw into a window above you idk but it would work for throwing into spaces either side of your cover.

Making the grenade launch angle straight from the shoulder unless they are leaning backwards would involve more advanced animation than is current in Arma2. That being said though we know there are changes to be expected in this area so we have to wait and see what the new animations are like.

:cool:

Edited by eddie247