Sign in to follow this  
Avgeris

Grenades Kill Cargo

Simple and must be fixed it has remained the same from OFP times.

When a model is for instance maning a static machinegun or whatever it wont be killed, also the same applies for the drivers of vehicles that would not count as "armored"

Thx

By grenades? I don't think I've ran into invincible AI on static placements that wasn't the result of a bad Beta patch or a bug in an addon somewhere.

By grenades? I don't think I've ran into invincible AI on static placements that wasn't the result of a bad Beta patch or a bug in an addon somewhere.

No, but sometimes when they're going to die, they move out of the static emplacement and the fall to the ground.... again.. :)

Must admit this does annoy me! And for some reason gunners seem to take more hits than regular infantry not on a crew served or vehicle weapon.

Animations could be improved and they could fall back into the pillbox - clearly and visibly dead!

Edited by Rye

It was a nice (and unrealistic) trait that all the enemy liked to leap out of their protected pillboxes after death.

If you want realism have it not report that solders death with a cash prize and have him basically just lay there.. Only being removed if you take over said position.

I think it's because most static guns are surrounded by sandbags/bunkers ; and Arma doesn't model blast damage well. 99% of the time the grenade lands on the wrong side of the obstacle and it seems to block near 100% of the blast.

The only times I've gotten them to work is if they somehow bounce or land almost right on top of the emplacement, which is damn hard to do in this game. This is realistic to a point; but a grenade going off on the other side of a 4-foot sandbag wall would still do some serious damage to anyone within ~10m. But instead, the magic AI is only slightly wounded and proceeds to destroy the thrower within a couple seconds.

Hopefully the new physics engine will improve this

Edited by No Use For A Name