Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Operation Gothic Serpent

Hi Wiki,

Great campaign, I'm enjoying it.

Just wondering about 'Irene', I've captured the HVTs and everyone's outside, but my current task is still on 'Capture HVTs' and there are no others to switch to. Is it a case of waiting for the convoy to show? Or was something supposed to happen to the objectives after using 'Capture' in the action menu?

EDIT: Ah, just found the radio commands! :p

Edited by .Taffy

This campaign seems to be broken with 1.60...in the third mission the bradleys don't go further, and in the mission "Irene" the game doesn't finish loading it and it freezes, forcing to be shut down via task manager.

The campaign cheat doesn't work so I just can't play it.

@up

check 1st post Wiki write that you must wait long time before "Irene" is loaded, there are some big files in this mission. Maybe you must only wait more time.

I think I had waited more than one minute...will wait even more.

EDIT: after waiting nearly 3 minutes it started...

Edited by folgore_airborne

hi folgore_airborne

sorry for the waiting, I used UnitPlay/UnitCapture to make the MH-6 insertion, and the file is quite big, that's why it takes so long...

by the way, how far are you in the campaign? do you enjoy it?

No problem Wiki! :) I am currently playing Irene, got stuck because I captured the two HVTs and radioed the convoy, ordered them to board the convoy but nothing happens...rangers stay on the perimeter, the other delta team sweeps through the streets, the convoy doesn't move.

I am enjoying this campaign a lot, was looking for something like this in the Fallujah map! Great work

have you ordered super 61 to circle above the objective?

normally, super 61 should be circling above the target building and when both HVT are in the truck, wolcott's chopper should be hit by a RPG and crash in the city

Edited by Wiki

if you want a hint: I tried to do like in the movie, so if you get stucked, try to remember what or how it went in the movie, and it should unlock the situation :D

Indeed I see it's very similar to the movie...by the way, can I ask you why you chose to feature that Call of Duty-like health system in mission Black Hawk Down, and invulnerable D-boys (besides the player) in Irene?

Another question, what are those "Lock\Unlock Vehicle" radio actions in later missions for?

I have a problem with the mission with Shugart and Gordon, the Black Hawk I am transported on mission start always gets shot down. If we survive the crash we can start moving towards S64 crash site but militias seem to be blind and deaf. They come at us and don't react to our shooting, we killed some 50 of them and there were more coming. If we die in the crash, the mission ends.

Edited by folgore_airborne