Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Addamo's c-130 - getting there

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ June 05 2002,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometime soon I hope...

(I am the best, the greatest, your God, so bow down and worship)

Jubs<span id='postcolor'>

Soon i hope it looks pretty darn finished

(i am the mother of God , Fear me!wink.gif

I want more pictures...haven't seen too many yet. Only a cockpit view and a view from behind.

(...your...my mother? ...damnit I knew letting you get a pc was a bad idea)

Jubs

well...great pilots are needed to test planes, but it's also a good idea to have mediocre pilots to do very dumb things and stumble upon things....so therefore, I nominate me to be that mediocre pilot tounge.gif

Guest Titanium

STS_solidsnake, you aren;t the best pilot in OFP community! And BTW, are there going to be test pilots, cause I and some other good pilots would be interested.

Sorry about me being negative, but what's the use for this kinda transport plane? Sure, it makes an infantry simulation more realistic(?), but i don't see any other reason for this plane than the ability to kill 90 soldiers simultaneously..

Good work though.

definately a huge thumb's up to the maker of that C-130 ..that + the paratroop drop script . ....now that would be a sight indeed a sky load of herc's doing a battalion drop including a few herc's doing L.A.P.E.S. with the vehicle's & store's/ammo... biggrin.gif ...OFP just keep's getting Bigger & better everyday smile.gif .bring on the campaign of operation market garden ......damn i gotta seriously upgrade this p.c. confused.gif ..

in reply to karpa......

to some degree i agree with you ( whilst a battalion drop of para's would look great ) they nearly all get there arse's shot off on the drop from ground fire....but as to your point ..What else could it be used for ..?? umnn insertion of vehicles / stores / troops non-para to a forward rough landing strip in prep for a major offensive ....or retreat as the case maybe ..perhaps a large scale airborne resupply of arms/ammo for the ground based troops ...or even lapes a mobile ressuply vehicle for the armoured elements....the uses are nearly endless .....such is ofp that it allows such great idea's & modifications to eventuate smile.gif .......cheers gaz.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Combat Engineer's @ June 06 2002,10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a battalion drop of para's would look great<span id='postcolor'>

indeed. Would that just cause some serious lag? Vehicle drops & ammo crate drops would be great. I'm just nagging because i think that land vehicles are more important for this game, i.e. machine-gun-equipped uaz for east&resistance. (I'm just trying to learn how to make one).

Still i am very excited about that c-130 and the antonov someone's making

biggrin.gif

Ahhh shadap about you being the best pilot in the community. What you would want to do is make a big mission with all the best pilots (those who claim they are the best) and have them battle out between eachother in some planes or helis. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahhh shadap about you being the best pilot in the community. What you would want to do is make a big mission with all the best pilots (those who claim they are the best) and have them battle out between eachother in some planes or helis. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah that would rock

But..on the other hand...

I think OFP is waaayy to unrealistic for a flight sim. Compare the speed that real jets turn (like on Behind Enemy Lines, again) to the speed of a turning A10. Very dumb, eh?

I wish we can have a SAM missle chasing us and the plane is really quick and turns very fast.

But in OFP, the SAM missle would move 10 times faster than the plane and BANG! The plane just get flattened to the ground. Very annoying.

In OFP to get rid of a AA missile no flares needed , and no chaff either

just turn left and the missile will turn a little but you would already be out of sight and the missile flys away tsss

In Behind Enemy Lines you can perfectly see that we cant get rid of an AA Missile isnt an easy job.

PS: I like how they detail the ejection in Behind enemy lines

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes you're entirely right.

Behind Enemy Lines was one of my favourite movies...http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboard301/iB_html/non-cgi/Skin/Default/PostIcons/icon4.gif

Its a shame OFP isnt similar.<span id='postcolor'>

the most unrealstic bit of that movie is at the end when the 2 UH-1H and 1 UH-1N comes to get the pilot the BMP fires at the choppers but the choppers doesnt even have a small damage

Yeah... i never seen a UH-1 Huey's fire rockets, and even if they did, the choppers didnt even get a single scratch on them. And that sniper....he's right on the snowy platform and trying to shoot Bernett. He'll obviously be shot down with all his green camo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah... i never seen a UH-1 Huey's fire rockets, and even if they did, the choppers didnt even get a single scratch on them. And that sniper....he's right on the snowy platform and trying to shoot Bernett. He'll obviously be shot down with all his green camo.<span id='postcolor'>

UH-1H Gunship Does have Rockets and 1 Minigun on each side

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 06 2002,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">UH-1H Gunship Does have Rockets and 1 Minigun on each side<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, my mistake. wink.gif

Hey, sorry to intervene but I think that film behind enemy lines was a waste of time. Too unrealistic and the main character just wasnt the right guy for the job. He made some parts of the movie funny when they werent supposed to be. Now for a movie that I think was semi-good, its Enemy at the Gates. When it came out, I thought finally someone made a movie about where the real action took place. Lets face it ppl the Eastern front made the Western front look like a cakewalk. Plus 80% of German casualties were in Russia. Numbers dont lie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (desantnik @ June 06 2002,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, sorry to intervene but I think that film behind enemy lines was a waste of time. Too unrealistic and the main character just wasnt the right guy for the job. He made some parts of the movie funny when they werent supposed to be. Now for a movie that I think was semi-good, its Enemy at the Gates. When it came out, I thought finally someone made a movie about where the real action took place. Lets face it ppl the Eastern front made the Western front look like a cakewalk. Plus 80% of German casualties were in Russia. Numbers dont lie.<span id='postcolor'>

We dont care we just like the F/A 18E Super Hornet tounge.gif

Im gonna see Blackhawk down and We Were Soldiers soon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (desantnik @ June 06 2002,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, sorry to intervene but I think that film behind enemy lines was a waste of time. Too unrealistic and the main character just wasnt the right guy for the job. He made some parts of the movie funny when they werent supposed to be. Now for a movie that I think was semi-good, its Enemy at the Gates. When it came out, I thought finally someone made a movie about where the real action took place. Lets face it ppl the Eastern front made the Western front look like a cakewalk. Plus 80% of German casualties were in Russia. Numbers dont lie.<span id='postcolor'>

Behind Enemy Lines is one of the most realistic war films ever. It is very realistic, the action is great and the acting is fantastic...Owen Wilson is a severely underated actor.

As for a few comments I read above...what are you inhaling? The UH-1Ns escaped with little more than a scratch because the one BMP that fired missed and the others were blown to pieces. And you should note that one of the gunships did take damage from a machine gunner on the ground (one of the marines got wounded in the arm). Who said they have never seen Huey Gunships with rocket pods on them? ...dummass!

I would step in to say that the final fight scene is a little over the top (Burnett would have been gunned down no worries) ...but you can't deny you did enjoy it...

I point out here that in a recent interview with PCFormat, John Mullins, military advisor for games and films and freelance tactician now acting consultant with US Customs and export (those of you that know Soldier of Fortune will recognise the name - the main character is based on him), said '...my favourite two war films are...Black Hawk Down and Behind Enemy Lines are both very realistic' ...I think he should know...anyway...I'm done.

Jubs

Sure, the main character had a scrunched up nose, and a big mouth, but we just like the F-18 Superhornet. tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahhh shadap about you being the best pilot in the community. What you would want to do is make a big mission with all the best pilots (those who claim they are the best) and have them battle out between eachother in some planes or helis. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't need to do that...I already know I am the best...and if you don't believe me...then...fine be that way...

Jubs

Hey Jubs, i didnt say you are not the best, i was just coming up with my way of solution to the problem here. I appreciate to meet a fellow good pilot. Besides, you might be the best, who knows?