Sign in to follow this  
Overlord

Forcing server difficulty level

Is it possible to force a linux dedi (1.59) to always use e.g. veteran settings?

It's quite easy to forget selecting level for each missions (and it should be unnecessary too). It works in pre-configured mission list, but not when a mission is selected by admin.

Or did I miss something?

You can achieve this by unifying the various difficulty settings in server.armaprofile with your desired values (e.g. default Veteran).

So, regardless what difficulty you select on the mission screen, you will always end up with the same settings "behind the scenes". That's how I force difficulty settings on my server at least - and it works.

However, I imagine if your mission has some internal dynamic parameter(s) that depend on the chosen difficulty settings the above approach will have no effect on it.

On that same note, it would also be cool to force mission parameters regardless if it's being run by the automatic mission rotation in server.cfg or not - but I think that's not possible without tampering with the mission pbo itself - sadly.

Thank you. I've already set the same levels in profile, but still there is some options hard-coded in game :(

@PVPscene: how do the addon work, and what does it? Only server-side I suppose?

Yes as said server side only.

It unlocks all difficulty settings as normally you cannot change some for various difficulty levels.

It unlocks all difficulty settings as normally you cannot change some for various difficulty levels.

That's interesting. Is there a documentation for which settings are hard-coded into the difficulty levels?

UPDATE:

Are your referring to the settings with the comment "// cannot be changed" in the server.armaprofile biki? If so, then they only seem to apply to Veteran and Mercenary, for Recruit and Regular everything can be changed apparently...

Edited by daikan

Example on hard-coded setting: halos on friendly/enemy/unknown is visible in recruit but not in veteran, not selectable as far as I have found. Level of auto-spotting and reporting is also different, it seems.

One can change em with a server side addon.

uhm,

all i want is to get Veteran by default, my regual setting seems like veteran but the mod seems not to be workin.