Type:

- Co-operative; or

- Single Player

Players:

- Seven

Aprox Length:

- One Hour, Fifteen Minutes

Description:

From the author of Mission Island Twilight comes a compelling, fast paced mission packed with action and surprises at every corner. You and your team-mates of Bravo troop must rescue Michael Sadler, who travelled to Iraq as part of an investigation into alleged human rights volations by the new Iraqi National Army. He was kidnapped by an Al-Quaeda cell near the border, and rushed out of the country.

Features:

- Compelling, fast paced, mission

- Voice guide provides information through mission

- Dynamic objective locations, each playthrough is different

- Smart AI helicopter interactions

- Norrin revive script

Credits:

- Dean "Rocket" Hall, mission making, voice acting

- Whole USEC team for many nights testing, but particulary:

- Norrin for the awesome Revive script

Where to play:

- The USEC Dedicated server

- Any good server :)

Where to download:

- Armaholic

- Mediafire (don't use)

- Thank you to all mirrors! Let me know where you are hosting and I will update this.

- Or join the USEC server when its on rotation

FOR HOSTERS:

- A 256x256 is available at: http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s354/icemotoboy/title_256x256.jpg

Edited by Rocket

There's an easter egg for those who complete the mission, and wait on the helicopter as it is flying back. If nobody gets it soon... I'll post a youtube of it :)

Just... don't quit the mission till its over!

Thank you for this mission, it sounds great. However, we don't play revive or respawn missions on the CiA server. Can revive be deactivated in the mission parameters? If not, could you please provide a non-revive version of it?

Yes, revive can be deactivated quite easily as a parameter. The missions was really designed for non-revive play. But people always ask for it to be put in, and its much harder to put it in after :)

Our squad tried playing it tonight, and...

we killed all enemies with a swift attack while suffering no losses. But we couldn't get a damn AI (controlling the movement of the captive) to mount the chopper. He just walked around... chopper landed on the fuel tank, but everyone else entered normally... so, dunno... soon after that mission reported that we failed, we put a bullet in stupid AI's head and left the scene...

I had been having some trouble with the AI guy.

What you can do, is wait about a minute or two, and then reissue a move command. Tell him to stand up, crouch, and return to formation. I find after I've done that he'll move.

I might have to script it that he "disappears" when you rescue him to avoid the dramas.

Rocket,

I'm a huge fan of your Island Twilight mission. We still play that mission from to time. We removed the revives, respawns, added ACE2 wounding, and added our own ACE2 preset kits for each operator.

With Sand Gambit, I can tell this is also a very special mission. I only want it to succeed as Island Twilight has.

The following happened while playing on a our dedicated server, as multiplayer COOP.

-The voice_briefing_01 and sound_c130x_01 files can not be found by the mission.

-The command to give the CH47 to leave is not on the radio.

-The extraction CH47 just lands and never takes off.

(This I was able to fix, the HELOLEAVENOW was not set to foxtrot.)

Have you experienced trouble with the voice_briefing_01 and sound_c130x_01 sound files, while on a dedicated server?

silent_op

Not sure why the Foxtrot says it is a Radio Call but does not show up in sqm as such, says none? easy fix as stated.

I didn't have any trouble with the two sound files but I did remove this comment from the config.cpp

// MY SOUNDS ADDED

all worked fine so far in SP

Again while in MP COOP on a dedicated server, Glass Claw is not the civilian as shown in the intro. Glass Claw is an armed US soldier.

*FIXED* I switched the character to Haris Press, in the editor. That is the guy shown in the intro as Glass Claw.

silent_op

Rocket,

I'm a huge fan of your Island Twilight mission. We still play that mission from to time. We removed the revives, respawns, added ACE2 wounding, and added our own ACE2 preset kits for each operator.

With Sand Gambit, I can tell this is also a very special mission. I only want it to succeed as Island Twilight has.

The following happened while playing on a our dedicated server, as multiplayer COOP.

-The voice_briefing_01 and sound_c130x_01 files can not be found by the mission.

-The command to give the CH47 to leave is not on the radio.

-The extraction CH47 just lands and never takes off.

(This I was able to fix, the HELOLEAVENOW was not set to foxtrot.)

Have you experienced trouble with the voice_briefing_01 and sound_c130x_01 sound files, while on a dedicated server?

silent_op

Again while in MP COOP on a dedicated server.

Ok one more thing Rocket, the extraction CH47 does not land. It hovers about 10 feet above the ground. The team can board, but the HELO LEAVE NOW command does not work. The CH47 has to land, then the pilot gives clearance for the team to board. I was able to have the CH47 land while testing on client side, but on our dedicated server, it just won't land, unless you shoot/damage the helicopter. Of course when it lands, the pilot gives clearance to board.

silent_op

Again while in MP COOP on a dedicated server, Glass Claw is not the civilian as shown in the intro. Glass Claw is an armed US soldier.

*FIXED* I switched the character to Haris Press, in the editor. That is the guy shown in the intro as Glass Claw.

silent_op

Thanks for the bug updates, getting them fixed. Looks like a few things fubar in multiplayer but singleplayer ok. Will get a new version out ASAP.