Sign in to follow this  
matcarfer

Bought ARMA2CO on Amazon, its in English, want it in Spanish

Hi! I bought ARMA 2 Combined Operations in Amazon, and its in English. I really want to play it in my native language: Spanish. I heard that Steam is offering ARMA 2 on all languages, but my keys are not registrable on Steam. What can I do? I really really want to play it in Spanish. Please help.

I bought this game on Jan 2011, and my ATI 4870 and Phenom II 550 could not keep up with this game. I changed my pc to a Phenom II 975 and ATI 6850 Toxic last week, and patched it to latest versio. Now the game runs really well! But its in ENGLISH !!!

From the menu, select Options -> Game Options and then use the left and right arrows next to Language to change it to Spanish. At least, that's how it is in my game.

From the menu, select Options -> Game Options and then use the left and right arrows next to Language to change it to Spanish. At least, that's how it is in my game.

Tried that, there are no arrows to press.

I can confirm that, I just looked and mine says "English" and there's no way I can see to change it, no arrows or nothing.

PS- perhaps when we first install the game, that's when we set what language we want, I can't remember?

Edited by PoorOldSpike

The licence key provided defines what languages are available.

Like with a licence key from the German Publisher you have only German language. With one from a Polish only Polish and so on. So it's possible that amazon provides only keys which enable English.

Exacto, tu key esta asociada al idioma ingles, por lo tanto, no te va a dar mas opciones para elegir otro idioma que no sea el ingles.

De todas maneras, da lo mismo el idioma, las voces seguiran estando en ingles, y no en español. solo los subtitulos saldran en español.

The licence key provided defines what languages are available.

Like with a licence key from the German Publisher you have only German language. With one from a Polish only Polish and so on. So it's possible that amazon provides only keys which enable English.

Hi, thanks for the response. Nevertheless, I feel cheated.

There is no info nor aclaration anywhere on the web explaining this. Am I supposed to buy it AGAIN? (I wonder where since in Argentina there is no retailer for ARMA2) only to have Spanish language? Im willing to talk to Bohemia and trade my 2 keys (ARMA2&OA) for 2 Spanish keys.

It really amazes me how this turned out. This is the first time that something like this happens to me, and I have more than 100 original games, on digital and physical format. If the game EXISTS in my language, how come I cant play it on Spanish IF I HAVE BOUGHT IT LEGALLY, AND WITHOUT PREVIOUS WARNING!?

Sorry for the caps and my aggression, but I feel cheated and dissapointed.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Exacto, tu key esta asociada al idioma ingles, por lo tanto, no te va a dar mas opciones para elegir otro idioma que no sea el ingles.

De todas maneras, da lo mismo el idioma, las voces seguiran estando en ingles, y no en español. solo los subtitulos saldran en español.

Lo unico que me interesa son los subtitulos. Y no me da lo mismo.

Hi, thanks for the response. Nevertheless, I feel cheated.

There is no info nor aclaration anywhere on the web explaining this. Am I supposed to buy it AGAIN? (I wonder where since in Argentina there is no retailer for ARMA2) only to have Spanish language? Im willing to talk to Bohemia and trade my 2 keys (ARMA2&OA) for 2 Spanish keys.

It really amazes me how this turned out. This is the first time that something like this happens to me, and I have more than 100 original games, on digital and physical format. If the game EXISTS in my language, how come I cant play it on Spanish IF I HAVE BOUGHT IT LEGALLY, AND WITHOUT PREVIOUS WARNING!?

You're not alone here, many people were, and still are upset about this. However BIS is not to blame here, as it's the Publishers who decided this - for whatever reason.

There are Mods around who change the game from native languages to English, but I'm not aware of any Mod that changes the game from English to Spanish or any other language.

Is it really that bad for you to play in English? I couldn't play it in my first language actually as the translation is so horrible, it's not funny.

matcarfer try to ask for the language mod in Spanish community forums.

Hi, i don't know how to make your OA to display the spanish subtittles, but i'd switch the OA to English aswell the ArmA2 because the spanish translation sucks; on the ArmA2 you even have duplicated radio commands that are for different things and if you switch to English... they're displayed correctly.

The spanish translation on booth (ArmA2 & OA) don't worth to be used, it's really really bad so... i'll keep using the english version. Let's C ya

Thanks everyone, I will try every option available. Will keep you updated.

remember A2 is only English

OA (thus also A2: CO) is multi-language

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

Hi, i don't know how to make your OA to display the spanish subtittles, but i'd switch the OA to English aswell the ArmA2 because the spanish translation sucks; on the ArmA2 you even have duplicated radio commands that are for different things and if you switch to English... they're displayed correctly.

The spanish translation on booth (ArmA2 & OA) don't worth to be used, it's really really bad so... i'll keep using the english version. Let's C ya

care to elaborate ? like report the sucky terrible spanish to CIT (Community Issue Tracker)?

considering there were multiple language updates in 1.59 focusing also on some quality tweaks ...

if you already done it then url to tickets please