Sign in to follow this  
carlostex

What if i need more than the available editor endings?

I have a 3 team PvP mission and i'm using all 6 endings (2 diffrent win endings for each team) and also the lose ending (all teams lose). The thing is i would like to have more. I still need an extra one for the timer & score parameters and i would also like to include a few more if possible.

Also noticed that i can't use the same ending for more than one trigger because the ending will not kick in. (example: using end1 for 2 different triggers will break that ending or in other words mission won't end.)

I agree that 6 endings may be enough for single player, but not for multi-team multiplayer missions.

Is there a way to create more endings? forceEnd does not work and endmission command still requires that i define the end type. It would be cool to have the possibility of creating extra endings like:

endmission "End7"

I'm getting additional problems. On endings 4 5 and 6 missions refuses to end. I know the conditions are being set straight and trigger is activating because i have the effects to activate text with black screen. Text appears just fine so trigger is activating. I just don't know why the mission refuses to end!!! If i abort it shows the debriefing just fine with the description i have on briefing.html. If i use forceEnd or endmission command the mission ends but it also doesn't give time to the effects text to show.

Editing in Arma can be frustrating!!

Little help plz??

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Well as soon as i change effects type from "BLACK" to "BLACK FADED" mission ended properly.

I would like to second this question! I am building a 10 player MP mission at the moment and would like to have an ending for each player.

If you can't have more than the standard 6 endings then are there any suggestions as to how to do this another way?

I suspect that they do work! I guess my question was more conceptual - what if I wanted 20 endings? I guess my best bet would be to use hints and then just end the mission normally.

Why not just do the end with titletext etc, then endmission with a generic "game over" for debriefing.

Why not just do the end with titletext etc, then endmission with a generic "game over" for debriefing.

Yeah that's the alternative, but what if i do wanna use debriefing text and what if i want even more endings for different paths in a campaign? People might thinks its overkill but campaigns and missions could get extremely dynamic and with added replay value.

For the campaigns there is a solution:

Just use saveVar and use the saved variables to set up the next mission.

Maybe you could use a dialog to simulate the debriefing. This way you have a window showing up.

Is it imposiible to finish a mission without using an end trigger? I mean looks like it is impossible to finish a mission without setting the type of trigger to one of the END# types or LOSE.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

i have set 3 variables and then put them in the condition field of a trigger:

if ((endblu2) || (endpmc2) || (endred2)) then {endmission "END4"}

Trigger type is END4.

This does not work and mission does not end even though i'm pretty sure one of those variables are being set to true! as soon as one of those conditions is met mission should end but it does not. Also tried it like this on condition field:

endblu2 or endpmc2 or endred2

does not work

but when i have only one of these variables like this for instance:

endblu2

or

endpmc2

it works!!

Dunno what i'm doing wrong here. I want to do it like this to save some END types.

Try defining those variables in your init.sqf first. The game doesn't seem to like conditions with OR if you haven't pre-defined a variable.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Try defining those variables in your init.sqf first. The game doesn't seem to like conditions with OR if you haven't pre-defined a variable.

Well, i tried setting the other variables as false respectively for each faction and it started working.