Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

1-4 Flank left and 1-5 Flank right

I am leading an infantry squad split into Team Red, Team Blue and Team White.

Team Red will put fire on the enemy while Team Blue will flank left.

I order Team Blue “1-4 Flank Leftâ€.

How does Team Blue know where the enemy actually is??

-

Test this yourself. Place two enemies, facing away from you, on the Utes runway.

Set your team to Hold Fire, and give them flank commands after assigning a target with the 2 menu. See if they behave differently with different targets.

The orders "pull back", "advance", "flank left", and "flank right" tells the selected units to shift their position in the formations 50 meters in that direction.

so if you want #2 to move 100 meters forward and 50 meters to your right.

Command :: Advance + Advance + Flank Right

-k

Extend left/right/forward/backward are probably better names for the commands.

flanking and advancing sounds more like military jargon. most of the time i use advance for scouting purposes and fall back for vehicle to NOT ram my own guys. flanking left and right... seldom use. Found that once you use flank left or right, the chances they will get killed will be higher, my own view.

If you want your teams to flank the enemy

best ways are either open the map or use space bar to give the target area for your men...

If you want your teams to flank the enemy

best ways are either open the map or use space bar to give the target area for your men...

Opening the map and then press space bar, select flank and click directly onto the enemy position

Best way i have found!

Opening the map and then press space bar, select flank and click directly onto the enemy position

Best way i have found!

If I am not mistaken this will not lead to a flanking manoeuvre but to taking a diagonal route to an enemy position.

If I am not mistaken this will not lead to a flanking manoeuvre but to taking a diagonal route to an enemy position.

That sounds about right actually, though i am new to this so i just took it as face value :)