Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

Mounted weapons movement

Agree?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Agree?

• Yes
    • No

I find it very annoying that mounted weapons (especially in helicopters) have damping on the rotation. These are supposed to be easy moving mounts that should turn freely.

is a quick example: Note how freely the gun turns/moves.

What do you think...?

Edited by EDcase

Wouldnt increasing the rotate speed (seperat from other turn settings) of the gun fix this?

Yes, what I want is to increase the rotation speed. Not sure what you mean by "separate from other turn settings"

I'm talking about the turning of the gun left and right, up and down.

At the moment all the mounted guns are damped too much so moving the mouse fast does not turn the gun fast.

Edited by EDcase

I think the bloke's talking about the mouse sensitivity.

The current control feel makes shooting out of a moving vehicle harder than life.

Buy a mouse, which is able to change DPI on the fly, problem solved.

Mouse movement has nothing to do with this issue. It's the extreme slowness and inertia at which the guns rotate.

That doesn't work in this case...I have my G5 set to 2000 dpi @ 1000Hz and still have the same problem; very sluggish movement on mounted weapons. I just think it needs to be tweaked better so, like what's been stated before, you can actually control the gun better while moving.

NO you do not undertand. Its not a question of DPI, mouse speed or sensitivity. (I use a RAT 7)

The weapons have a deliberate damper which limits their movement/rotation.

THAT is what should be reduced or removed.

I must agree with you again. What i ment earlier was that the mounted weapon movement should be changed seperate from all the other speeds so that you dont have to use "onthefly" DPI etc.

To add to this i have tried many times to shoot a soldier or car or whatever and have used up all the 2000rounds and hit absolutely nothing, therefore i stopt using them altogether as its just to unefective. Changing this to more realistic levels will make it useable again and bring on the battle between ground forces using RPG's trying to shoot you down (or that new A20 shotgun).