Sign in to follow this  
bigpickle

Chinook Exits

Not while it's flying.

So you wouldn't be able to jump out a low very slow flying or hovering chinook? If they let you spawn inside a chopper you should be able to walk in it aswell. Because else your going to get wierd situations.

AFAIK you can't use the "get out" option if the helicopter isn't low to the ground and almost completely stopped. "Get Out" and "Eject" are different things I believe.

yeah thats right, eject should obviously stay the same but get out with internal exit point i think would be vaiable, AI will only have 1 way to go thats out the ramp, i guess we wouldnt know until BI devs tried it or someone modded the exit point on the chinook to see if it could work.

I mean take your sig Boose, Chinooks are renowned for that type of troop insersion, now imagine trying that in game now, it would result in a big Oh Noes! as you fell out the front of the chopper :)

Edited by Bigpickle

I don't think it's a trouble about how AI would enter. If I recall correctly for AAW the AI just move to the back door and you see the animation for them entering a seat, it's only the players that must walk inside to enter the back. That is, if I remember correctly.

There's always this, the entrances/ exits are WAY behind the helicopter due to it bugging out when ejecting from the inside. It was SUPPOSED to be fixed a while ago, but I haven't heard anything from the author in a long while on any updates. So if permission was gotten, it would be theoretically possible.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232