Sign in to follow this  
bohemi

To encode a mission

It is possible to encode missions so that they cannot be opened in the mission editor ? I want to submmit a mission but I want to encode it first to avoid no permitted modifications by anybody or making money... I don't know if I need a encoder specific program or modify anything else in the init file.

Thanks!

To distribute a mission, the best is to save it in the mission editor through the "export to single mission" process. It'll create a .pbo file.

But no, it isn't possible to provide people from opening it as there are several tools available that will allow people to open this pbo file.

Finally, i hardly see what could be so precious in a mission that would necessit an encryption.

Not possible. Why would you want to do that anyway? To avoid making money? No one makes money out of OFP missions and anyone who buys them is an idiot.

This is a very open community where we're happy to share and learn from each other. I've learned a lot from looking at other people's work. If you try to restrict that... well, personally I don't think that's very community spirited.

Of course we respect every authors' rights and if someone uses your work without asking or crediting you, such people are usually banned here.

Edited by Rellikki

I have got a lot of mission that I can't open in the mission editor, that's why I'm in this forum and in other ones asking everytime I've got a trouble.

There is not one mission out there that is encrypted. So far I was able to unpack and load every mission in the editor.

As said before, it is not possible to encrypt missions and it's not needed either. There are people around here who spent months on their missions and had no need to encrypt them. And honestly, I doubt that your mission is so top secret it must be protected.

The missions you download (and the ones that come with the game, for that matter) are in .pbo format, and cannot directly be opened in the mission editor without un-pboing them. Is this what you mean?

To make your mission into a .pbo, save it in the editor with "export to single missions" as ProfTournesol said. If you want to open others' missions (which is indeed great for learning!), you'll need to de-pbo it and place it in your users/username/missions folder. For this, you need to use an external program. I personally like PboX, as it allows you to both create and extract .pbo files, as well as look inside them without depboing. You can find it from ofp.info under "utilities".

Well all was talked by You guys but I think he have some kind of missions decrypted with another tools than old standard ofp utilities programs.

If You can't open pbo with mission try to use WIn Pbo or Cpbo

Check this link- http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools/ - few good programs (Win Pbo too). But if they will not help it mean that mission was packed with Cpbo made by Kegetys. Check his site in that situation.

Kegetys www

http://www.kegetys.net/ofp/

Bielow

errrrrm - is he possibly not able to open mission coz he's missing island or addons?

Hey thanks a lot ! It's help me too much