Sign in to follow this  
markocro

Possible official Sahrani DLC?

I relay hope to see this news sometime in near future, sahrani dlc for arma2, will it be released for free or to buy i don't care, it will be worth any penny. (Of course i don't know exactly how big is size for this island, and for sure cant be placed in patch :) )

I can see many of you will agree on this and would be glad to play sahrani again but in arma2! :)

Would this be much trouble for bis??, in my opinion this shouldn't, these guys are much skilled far by now and know what they doing im sure off it, and i would be glad if they just reconsider this proposition :)

Can you imagine warfare missions going on sahrani, those few islands perfect for last stand, insertions behind enemy lines by boat :P etc...

If this thread already exist im sorry, couldn't find it, just found some user porting sahrani to arma2 which is not ass good as would be official from BIS (missing textures, addons folders and many troubles)

Did you forget how Sahrani looks like?

If you disagree say the reason why and explain yourself, no space here for pointless arguing, and if you agree say what did you like most from sahrani etc. :)

Thread title changed because when I saw it I honestly thought BIS had released it. :D

In any case, it's highly unlikely this will happen. I'd imagine BIS have more important tasks at hand.

Thread title changed because when I saw it I honestly thought BIS had released it. :D

In any case, it's highly unlikely this will happen. I'd imagine BIS have more important tasks at hand.

hehe of course :)

But to bad though, dunno, maybe in near future they do something about the map, i wont give up my hopes :P

As I've stated in one of previous posts, such DLC would weight at around 1GB, since not all A1 objects are included in A2. Even if they would replace all the objects with new buildings the story would be almost the same - same file size and month or two of work of a smaller team.

p.s. Darkhorse and I are working on two separate projects closely connected with Sahrani...

I wouldn't give up hope for a possible community revival of the project, as CAA1's port of it progressed pretty far. It would be a shame to leave it forever unfinished. Plus, the SLA and RACS armies have recently been ported from ArmA to Arma 2, so surely they would need their home as well. :p

At least we'll get Project RACS soon with all new fancy units ;)

I think Sahrani's still a necessary addition for the involvement of the small Sahrani Liberation Army, or even the smaller Royal Army Corps of Sahrani (after all, they needed US protection and were still steamrolled by the SLA), in any form of conflict to make sense.

And hey, looking at the filesize for PMC, it too is just under 1GB uncompressed. :)

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116129