Sign in to follow this  
BasileyOne

Reinforcements compatibility with online

saw in shop only vanilla Arma2 and Reinforcements. what buy ?

should i wait[maybe successful or maybe not]for CO boxes or RFT was CO-compatible in terms of online gaming.

or to plain it straight: "can i buy Reinforcements for my friends to allow them to play with me on CO servers?".

Edited by BasileyOne

CO == Arma 2 + Arma 2: OA

Reinforcement == Arma 2: OA + BAF + PMC

So, nope, if you give your friends reinforcements they can not join your CO server (unless you run an OA only mission) cause they will miss the Arma 2 content.

So, nope, if you give your friends reinforcements they can not join your CO server (unless you run an OA only mission) cause they will miss the Arma 2 content.

so, if im launch[by mistake] Chernarus-based warfare, they can't join[&play]?

and for absolyte compatibility i need CO?

ok. tnx4info.

You won't be able to join any chernarus or utes map.

got it, tnx.

thread may be closed, then.

p.s.

:[

probably i would pick A2+RFT , cuz both CO and OA was out stock here and online shops had pain with shipping here[Russia]or had no shipping at all and Internet distribution isn't mine favorite option.

Edited by BasileyOne

Sorry but is this confirmed and accurate? I've only read that Reinforcements will be standalone and contain BAF and PMC... no mention of Operation Arrowhead.

So yes, it would still have to contain Takistan and Zargabad islands, but not necessarily all the vehicles or weapons from Arrowhead, and thus not be compatible with OA servers.

Being retail, and stand-alone, the way I understand it, Bohemia are releasing this for people who like to play off-line and do the single-player campaigns. It says you do not need A2 or OA to play this, and says you can combine it with CO for ultimate experience... if it contained OA, it would just say "combined with A2 for ultimate experience".

Therefore, my reasoning says Reinforcements is JUST PMC and BAF, but it's standalone and you don't require A2, OA, or CO to play it. You should also buy Combined Operations (A2+OA) for your mates to play online... those two are essential... PMC and BAF is optional really

Yes it is confirmed.

Reinforcements comes with all of Operation Arrowhead's content apart from the campaign and missions in order to ensure multiplayer compatibility. That is indeed confirmed.