Sign in to follow this  
Cookieeater

Arma II Vanilla won't get AI improvements?

I have a copy of ArmA II and OA but only use ArmA II when playing with my bro as he doesn't have a copy of OA. In OA with the new patch, the AI take cover so much more and I find it generally improved, yet when I saw the ArmA II 1.09 patch, they don't seem to have patched in the AI fixes to vanilla ArmA II. I thought Bohemia's views on patching now were that OA get's the content, yet the engine fixes(AI, rendering, movement) would be for both copies of ArmA II and OA, yet I don't see the AI fixes in the 1.09 patch. What happened? Did Bohemia verge away on what they wanted to do initially for patches when they released OA?

They might not note them in the patch changelog, but I'm almost certain that they're there for the most part.

In Arma II is not even the option to disable Vsync there although Dwarden said they implemented this in 1.08 and we have to activate it over the config file (what just doesn't work).

The patches for Arma II and OA are by far not the same. So I think, you will never see the same or similar changes in Arma II as in OA.

didnt notice much AI's improvements in 1.09[but that mean nothing], but 1.09 significantly improve IQ, making GFX good, almost as before 1.08, with similar as in 1.08 speed boost.

but you still can find -vm108 switch handy, on some systems.

Edited by BasileyOne

I have a copy of ArmA II and OA but only use ArmA II when playing with my bro as he doesn't have a copy of OA. In OA with the new patch, the AI take cover so much more and I find it generally improved, yet when I saw the ArmA II 1.09 patch, they don't seem to have patched in the AI fixes to vanilla ArmA II. I thought Bohemia's views on patching now were that OA get's the content, yet the engine fixes(AI, rendering, movement) would be for both copies of ArmA II and OA, yet I don't see the AI fixes in the 1.09 patch. What happened? Did Bohemia verge away on what they wanted to do initially for patches when they released OA?

I would just splash out for a OA copy for my brother if this was the case tbh. Its now a "old" game so there is bound to be cheap offers around places ether for OA or CO.

Steam has sales every once in a while. You will probably get it cheap there once the, hoping, summer sales kicks in.

Is there any reason why OA Vanilla cannot get the huge firefights that ACE users enjoy in regards too volume of fire ?...

I don't use ACE as my computer suffers from fps drops when using it, this tbh is the only aspect of ACE that I would like implemented...