Sign in to follow this  
Alanthegreat

Mission IDEA

I have one idea which is more of a dream;) I just had a conversation with my friend about possible improvements in Arma. As I am a Helicopter enthusiast, I came up with this: Could it be possible to make Arma Coop missions flyable with TOH together at the same time? What I mean is- in ArmA players play missions usual way, while people playing TOH fly helicopters assisting troops in Arma. Obviously TOH players wouldn't be able to play anything else than helicopters. This way Arma players get more realism as they get assisted by pilots who fly more close to real life way, and TOH players get a chance to play with more realistic enviroment with ground troops around etc. Just imagine dust off missions with TOH realism and Arma enviroment! At the same time Arma helicopter pilots who don't want to swith to TOH could still fly the usual way, so no one is harmed.

Sam

Yeah, also to ease the compatibility/framerate for TOH users, they have their own map textures, ArmA players have their own.

TOH pilot's don't need that extra detail on ground, troops may want to have it tho :D.

anyone remember "Blue Thunder" with Roy Scheider? Nice stuff for a campaign :)

Great idea. There are litterally hundreds of scenarios I could think of. Helicopters are used for so many different things:

Aerial tours and sightseeing

Newsgathering

Search and Rescue

Law Enforcement

Powerline patrol

Wildfire/Brushfire fighting and prescribed burns

Seismic

Construction

Agricultural

Honestly, I hear or read about helicopters being applied to new things about every week. Just in the umbrella categories above, I could create dozens of completely different scenarios for each one that would be both challenging and fun. There really is nothing quite like mastering one of those machines and putting that skill to work.

+1

I wouldn't mind doing a lot of SAR and air ambulance mission stuff, like attending car accidents in tight spots eg: mountain roads, bridges, forest clearing's etc, also the worse the weather the better, hoping for a lightning show?:)

Yeah so many scenario options, maybe a swat type mission could be done? like dropping swat into a hostage or bank robbery type situation and then providing cover with a sniper on board and then end with a pursuit?

or Chasing powerboats with a camera crew, trying to keep up and stay in shot while navigating difficult terrain down a narrow river, director will be letting you know if your not close enough or out of shot?

Well for the first post in this thread, if you look at the Helicopters page and look at the medium one. It says it has a searchlight quoted "Track fugitives & support rescues." Seems like they might have already been considering it

I'm interested in that too :D But is there a way to get TKOH Preview to run on Combined Ops? I have Arma 2 and Arma OA so I get free CO, but is there a way to get the preview working on it that way? I've tried and just end up crashing the game.

EDIT: Thanks to PvPscene for his helpful post. Can now run it with CO :D

Edited by Braindrool

Great idea. There are litterally hundreds of scenarios I could think of. Helicopters are used for so many different things:

Aerial tours and sightseeing

Newsgathering

Search and Rescue

Law Enforcement

Powerline patrol

Wildfire/Brushfire fighting and prescribed burns

Seismic

Construction

Agricultural

Honestly, I hear or read about helicopters being applied to new things about every week. Just in the umbrella categories above, I could create dozens of completely different scenarios for each one that would be both challenging and fun. There really is nothing quite like mastering one of those machines and putting that skill to work.

+1

Would love to see varied missions like the ones mentioned above :)

Powerline patrol

Oy81YP-q8R4

IgrN0fyDRsQ

One of the best videos I have ever seen, truly amazing stuff. It's shame you can't see that any more. If helicopters crash these days and the flying pieces of rotor cut spectators and their children to ribbons, all they do is whinge and demand compensation. It was considered a bit of a laugh back in the 70s and 80s lol.