Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

PMC08: Preparation - How to load weapons into chopper

Hi,

At mission start, I can't figure out how to put all those weapons and ammo lying on the ground into the chopper like the little hint box suggests. I pick them up, enter the chopper (ride in back) and drop them from the gear menu, but then they disappear into thin air. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing I can do is spend 15 minutes searching in the grass for one weapon I want and its ammo, and then leave without the other weapons. :confused:

Thank you...

Edited by OMAC

Again never played this mission, but by reading your post I get the impression you have not tried to find where is Gear section for that chopper, if so do not enter the chopper but go around it scrolling your mouse wheel until you find Gear. Move weapons there one by one and save if possible so you don't have to do it all over again, if mission will not proceed as expected.

Argh! I can't find a place to access the chopper Gear from outside the chopper. I've gone round and round. Nuthin'. Only way to access chopper gear is when you are sitting in the back. There are 3 grenade launchers available in the chopper for you to take, but apparently no way to bring anything into the chopper and leave it there.

Edited by OMAC

Maybe I don't have to bother, and ignore the hint? In the next mission, tons of weapons are available to me and my mate in the chopper in the initial loadouts.

Maybe if you don't use the "drop" command, but use the arrows in the top left area to "transfer" the stuff from you (right side), to the gear content (left side)? Will that make a difference?

I had the same problem. No "Gear" from the outside, and if I used the Gear function inside the chopper, the stuff would end up on the ground.

In the end, though, you don't need it. I finished the campaign without that, the upcoming misssions are full of "ammo crate" dead bodies.

The "hint box" that shows up at mission start (load weapons into chopper) is really a bug then, eh? FIX: 1) get rid of the hint box; or 2) add external "gear access" functionality to chopper similar to that which is present for the SUVs.

Maybe I'll file a bug someday.

Thanks you guys!

Edit:

It seems that the entire purpose of this "mission" is to load the chopper with materiel. The suggestion on the mission splash/loading screen mentions weapons/items on dead enemies, and then the in-game hint box tells you to load stuff onto the chopper (although there is apparently no way to do this). Then you enter the chopper, take off, and the mission ends.

As it turns out, there is no need to load materiel, as plenty is available later.

This is a bug/mission design flaw. No big deal, but it shouldn't have made it through QA/QC.

Edited by OMAC

Maybe if you don't use the "drop" command, but use the arrows in the top left area to "transfer" the stuff from you (right side), to the gear content (left side)? Will that make a difference?

That's what I did - doesn't work.

This is interesting. I saw this in the PMC 1.01 changelog:

* Fixed: CP08A - Player was not able to access helicopter gear menu.

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?87836-Arma-II-Private-Military-Company-Updated

What the heck? It looks like one is STILL not able to that, at least when trying to load weapons onto the chopper. I am playing 1.01. :confused:

I'm having the same problem, PMC has been updated with the patch provided by BIS.

As mentioned by others, there is no "Gear" option from the exterior of the vehicle like normal. And if you attempt to hop into the back and access the "Gear" action menu selection from there, it just dumps items onto the ground outside of the vehicle.

When I first started looking around, all of the weapons/ammo that I had before this mission (stored in the SUV) was dumped in a circle around the helicopter in random order. You literally have to pick up each and every magazine by hand.

Inside the aircraft and using the Gear menu, I have tried all options. I have tried highlighting that item and clicking on the left "<" to move it from my inventory to the helicopter storage, no luck. I have tried double-clicking the item to remove it, no luck. I have tried using the "Drop" button, no luck. Nothing at all will allow items to be placed inside of the aircraft.

Apparently, this bug fix was NOT added to the latest patch as noted in the changelog.

I guess I'll just have to look around, and load up on my weapon/ammo of choice and hope that a backpack full of spare magazines will get me through.

The problem is still there in version 1.58...

I really would wish that BIS put a little bigger effort on the single player aspect of their games...

The problem is still there in version 1.58...

Thanks for verifying that.

However since 1.59 final has been released already months ago and 1.60 final is released soon, it would be more helpful for the developers to hear how it works with 1.59 or with 1.60 beta patches (which include fixed that will be added to 1.60 final).

By looking at CIT I see lots of fixes having status changed to "Upcoming version of BAF" so hopefully it is same for PMC, but this issue is not even reported to CIT, so do not expect much without doing some volunteer work in form of CIT reports to get it fixed.

I really would wish that BIS put a little bigger effort on the single player aspect of their games...

Me too. AI tweaking seems to be the highest priority when looking patch changelogs and that is sad since first impressions wether to stay with the game or abandon it are mostly done according to experiences in content bugs and in single player.

Edited by Hanzu

Me too. AI tweaking seems to be the highest priority when looking patch changelogs and that is sad since first impressions wether to stay with the game or abandon it are mostly done according to experiences in content bugs and in single player.

Me three. I think I was the first to notice this glaring issue, but never filed a CIT bug. I had hoped that one of the content developers (as opposed to Suma and Dwarden, apparently, who do only, or at least mainly, engine fixes) would see this thread and fix this problem. Not so.

It seems the content devs, the mission designers, do not pay nearly as much attention to released games as do the engine devs; I guess they're busy with ToH and A3.

Hanzu is 100% correct (as usual) that new users, and reviewers, of BIS games get very turned off by such simple bugs, and will most likely never realize that the hundreds of engine/AI bugs fixed in 1.60 betas ever existed.

I mainly play SP, so it is nasty for me to see so much dev time spent on things like MP AI warping, when there are so many relatively simple content bugs that need to be fixed - ones that most users may actually encounter.

Edited by OMAC

Interestingly, I was able to load a Stinger into the chopper by sitting in back, going to gear menu, and clicking left arrow to drop. However, no other weapon could be loaded. Any other weapon would vanish into thin air when dropped; they do not appear on the ground next to chopper.

Edit: I must have removed one of the M32 grenade launchers before loading the stinger. PvPscene has indicated that the chopper cargo limitation prevents weapons from being loaded unless one or more of the M32s are removed first.

Edited by OMAC

Interestingly, I was able to load a Stinger into the chopper by sitting in back, going to gear menu, and clicking left arrow to drop. However, no other weapon could be loaded. Any other weapon would vanish into thin air when dropped; they do not appear on the ground next to chopper.

Edit: I have never been able to load the Stinger into the chopper again, so the above may be a weird aberration.

OK, I finally filed a bug:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24572

You need to get in the chopper, open the gear menu,

double click on the gear to put it into the chopper or use the drop button.

As all vehicles the chopper has only a limit capacity to carry gear.

You need to get in the chopper, open the gear menu,

double click on the gear to put it into the chopper or use the drop button.

As all vehicles the chopper has only a limit capacity to carry gear.

Thanks, PvPscene. See my reply to the ticket.