Sign in to follow this  
David Schofield

What's the overall best rifle for the AI in Arma II?

Aye, DaveP, Jeza:

In full agreement on the M16 + irons, it somehow makes a great weapon. But this thread is about how AI handle weapons.

void_false,

It shouldn't break gameplay unless you go crazy with the numbers. I haven't played the campaign so I don't know how the enemy are set up to be begin with, but I think it's fair to say your friendly troops should be better fighters than your enemy (although I am a biased Brit :p), and if you feel you're being shot in the head a little too often, consider turning enemy AI accuracy down a notch.

L85A2 ACOG GL

I'm currently testing every Rifle in Comb Ops 1.57, this is a nice little all-singing/all-dancing rifle used by BAF, and I daresay other nations have similar weapons which i'll come across in due course.

It's got-Telescopic daylight scope, Laser, Gren launcher, Semi or auto fire.

However its scope lacks night vision so you have to use 3rd-person NVG's over the shoulder

No you don't: just switch to the red dot above the scope.

No you don't: just switch to the red dot above the scope.

If you mean with the '/' numpad key, all it does is give us a red dot at night, it doesn't give us night vision unless we're wearing NVG's, or have I misunderstood?

My full thread is here at FGM if you'd like to add any comments-

RIFLES- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7858-Rifles

Aye, DaveP, Jeza:

In full agreement on the M16 + irons, it somehow makes a great weapon. But this thread is about how AI handle weapons.

void_false,

It shouldn't break gameplay unless you go crazy with the numbers. I haven't played the campaign so I don't know how the enemy are set up to be begin with, but I think it's fair to say your friendly troops should be better fighters than your enemy (although I am a biased Brit :p), and if you feel you're being shot in the head a little too often, consider turning enemy AI accuracy down a notch.

Ah bugger missed that, thanks for heads up :p

Urm as for AI, RPK, they've saved my ass plenty of times.

Ai definitely use grenade launchers on my game, and they are very accurate too!

:)

)rStrangelove;1888085']M16E4 + GL + Acog

I concur. Everything you want in a single package. A compact marksman's rifle with the punch of an M203.

If you mean with the '/' numpad key, all it does is give us a red dot at night, it doesn't give us night vision unless we're wearing NVG's, or have I misunderstood?

My full thread is here at FGM if you'd like to add any comments-

RIFLES- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7858-Rifles

The LA-85 red dot on top of the rifle can be used with NVG goggles.

Please stay on topic! or make your own "whats MY fav weapon" thread.

The AIM is best in my dude's hands even at 500m but for al the bizon is crazy accurate even at it's maximum longest range, but any m16 or m4 will do the trick, AK's on your Guy's team hands work will including thst AK like gun thst starts with an S or the AKS and AKS 74u but the enemy even on maximum skill can't hot my guy without spending a mag or two. (Late but yeah)