Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

Mosul area Iraq

he made me read it twice and i still didnt understand wat he means...

yeah over here we use choppers to cross the map.

im trying to make it suitable for all types of combat,

now im thinking of it it would be hard to cross the river on wheels or by foot in pvp battles its not cause of the bridges u ll cross the river with a truck without drowning its pretty shallow but the terrain.. u have a great view of whats comming at u.

its actualy a great sniper map.

got a second airstrip in now + a few villages asfaltroads are pretty much done but have to do loads of dirt roads, industrial area's and many many more scenery bevore i get to a beta stage.

but it starts to live now

new screens and video of the work in progress

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/241/arma2oa2011080612430680.png

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5711/arma2oa2011080612434883.png

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8633/arma2oa2011080612444972.png

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8228/arma2oa2011080612442585.png

think i might upload a first beta within a few days.

cause ive got two versions now a normal version and one with a higher detailed terrain.

so im think of uploading them both and waith for feedback wich version to go on with.

fictional Airbase at Fayshkhabur

Ake1ZPIx2kQ

Edited by Franze
4x100KB+ images

What about a small coastline to implement the Nimitz? ;)

yes ive allready tried and it is possible to implement

infact i allready took off from the nimitz while testing

only when i did it on the west side of the map 70% of the coast line was realy realistic but 20 % of the upper right corner, the terrain hight went up to 600 mtrs and looked realy bad so i took it out again

next time im making the ocean on the south side where the terrain is much lower so the coast line wouldnt go from 0 to 600 mtrs

i have to follow the erosion line of the sat image to make it look natural paint in beaches from actual photo's, paint the hightmap make it correspond to the sat image, and the mask for the surface.

its easy to do but time consuming to make it look like it would have actual been a beach on the sat image

BlackMamba you have the BI configs in your pbo:

.\mosul_small\ca\*

This may not be there.

Your P layout should be:

p:\YourTag\mosul_small\*

and

p:\YourTag\ca\*

He must come from CoD, etc. where the maps can be crossed on foot in 2 minutes. ;)

Idiot. Aparently everyone who comment about everything being not like in arma are cod fanboys? I don't even play cod...

What I mean is that it's not like stock arma maps where the place is made up, there's always mountains, rocks, bushes, trees, houses and crap saving you from enemy, here it's basicly flat ground with small hills and nothing more.

Idiot. Aparently everyone who comment about everything being not like in arma are cod fanboys? I don't even play cod...

What I mean is that it's not like stock arma maps where the place is made up, there's always mountains, rocks, bushes, trees, houses and crap saving you from enemy, here it's basicly flat ground with small hills and nothing more.

welcome to life in iraq pal :j:

indeed in iraq there are no high hills or many places to take cover.

this part, the part that is depicted in this terrain could well have the most hills in the entire country.

if u have ever read the book "bravo two zero" u wil understand its a tough landscape.

there are no places to hide.

but in Fayshkhabur u could conceal yourself in the high grass.

the tigris floods in autumn so most lower parts are swamp like but dry up in summer.

(in real life)

I have a question although perhaps it's a Six-updater problem.. if I try and add @Faysh thru SU and launch game it also adds Fallujah map to the preset however doesn't add all that is is required for the map (OPX_buildings). I'm trying to use this map for an event but if SU doesn't load it properly it's not an option.

Thanks for your time...love the map.

I have completed working on a new domination mission that uses only this addon Island and the other required addons needed to play it, but no other addons are needed. It's the best mission I've ever made so far. I want to release the mission, but when I heard that you were still working on the island, I didn't want to release the mission yet. I'd rather wait for the next version of Faysh Khabur to release so I can update my mission and then release it. No pressure, but I was wondering if you might have some sort of ETA on when the next version might be ready? My main base or FOB is built on the flat low area on the river directly between Rabiah and Bajerke Dumez at coordinates 1088,1139, so I am hoping that area doesn't change since it is perfectly flat there and I like the dark grey sand there too.

I tested a lot of islands before I decided to use Faysh Khabur and I wanted to tell you that you've done a really amazing job on this Island. What I like most is that the island is huge and it doesn't have a zillion trees, since AI enemy are always cheating and shooting at me through trees all the time. It also doesn't have tons of rocks and steep hills everywhere like Takistan. When I spawn enemy AI tanks far away - they have no trouble at all patrolling into AO - where normally in an Island like Takistan the AI tanks tend to flip over on rocks or take forever to move around rocks and steep hills as they work their way into the AO from far away. Placing things like bunkers easy too because I never have to worry about the bunkers being on steep angle, or a big rock in the way etc, where in Takistan I always have to spend extra time moving bunkers around until I find a nice flat bare spot.

I was able to add Ambient Animals, but I had trouble adding Ambient Civilians (Expansion), so I added Game Logic locations and named them according to each town and then told the Ambient Civilian Module init to do the following:

this setVariable ["townlist",[Gerbat,Faysh_Khabur,Shirk,Misharah,Abu_Wajnam_Airstrip,Al_Walid,Bajerke_Dumez,Musharah_Airbase,Tall_Kochak,Rabiah]];

... and now I have civilians running around in each town a little. But as far as adding Ambient Civilian Vehicles, that did work, but most all of the vehicles wound up inside the clay walls where they could not get out and in other places they were pressed up against houses, so I couldn't use that module at all. I would imagine that it would be quite a lot of work to get those things working properly.

Lastly, I have some errors in my RPT file related mostly to opx buildings and some ca stuff. I was really hoping that no errors would show up at all. I listed some lines from my RPT file below that show some of the reported errors. I couln't copy and paste it all because most of the lines just repeat over and over in my RPT file for about 10,000 or more lines. Is there any possibility to at least fix things so these errors will stop appearing? I know the opx stuff wasn't created by you, but I thought you might still know of some way to fix it, or maybe ask the opx creator about it.

ca\misc_e\misc_cargo4b_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc_e\misc_cargo4c_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc_e\misc_cargo4d_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc_e\misc_cargo4e_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
opxbuildings\hut3_b_2.p3d: house, config class missing
Strange convex component109 in opxbuildings\block10.p3d:geometry
Strange convex component122 in opxbuildings\block10.p3d:geometry
opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing
opxbuildings\shack.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc_e\vysilac_fm2_ep1.p3d: tower, config class missing
opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc_e\misc_cargo4d_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

Keep up the great work BlackMamba, I'm very much looking forward to your next update release.

If it's ACE domi I'd love to try it out (assuming you are willing to share that is) :)