Sign in to follow this  
CamperKiller

New option in mp 1.55

There is an option to change the 'visibility' in the new Multiplayer 1.55 release. Has anybody noticed this, I assume its the same as setviewdistance, I wonder if this means we can change the visibility on all missions!!!!

SIngle player?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif??' How can you play single with the MP Test?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif??

Yeah, I don't get it.

Either way, this is something I think BIS should include in MP.  After all, I like to use a view distance of 3000 in all of my maps (you just can't go back to the default once you've experienced OFP the way it's supposed to be, especially for air battles), but some computers just can't handle it.  It would be awesome if I could set the viewdistance to whatever I wanted before the game starts, according to what kind of computers everyone is running on.

btw Kegetys, I've been using your Hawk in one of my missions and I must say it's a great piece of work.  I use it any time I possibly can for aircraft roles, because the cockpit/canopy visibility is soooo much better than the A-10's claustrophobic setup (which inhibits your vision, hell most of the time I can't even see the ground unless I nose her down hard).  Are you planning anymore aircraft?

Um... you would have an advantage then if you can set a higher view distance. In Multiplayer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ May 16 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SIngle player?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif??' How can you play single with the MP Test?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif??<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but someday..... it wont be an mp test anymore, and you can play singleplayer with it.

762 you can write a script to negotiate mp viewdistance. Run a script like this at the start:

slowestcpu = 10000

_viewfactor = 1

;set viewfactor to be targetviewdistance = benchmark * viewfactor

~(random 10)

_i = 0

#YellBackandForth

?(benchmark < slowestcpu):Slowestcpu = benchmark; publicvariable "SlowestCPU"

~5

_i = _i + 1

?(_i < 5):goto "yellbackandforth"

setviewdistance (slowestcpu * _viewfactor)

exit

The default view distance for v1.55 Multiplayer seems to bee 900 meters compared to old default of 600 meters. And it runs much smoother than in v1.46 too smile.gif

"Yes, but someday..... it wont be an mp test anymore, and you can play singleplayer with it."

I know, I know. I did notice it after thinking that it "would" be available biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif ....didn´t saw Kegetys (will).... tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

Hey thanks Dinger, I'll try that script tonight after I get off work (well, after I go to see AotC anyway biggrin.gif ).