Sign in to follow this  
konrad1

Real Warfare Soundmod

:292: Wicked explosion sounds!!! Good work!

If I had one wish for Christmas next month, I'd ask you to put a little bit of the original mortar sound into yours. I'm talking about the whistling sound shortly before the mortar shell hits the ground... I'm missing that a bit.

THX for sharing those awesome sounds!

Great Job Konrad!

Question, what is the name of the pbo file for the impact sounds for the Apache 30mil gun impacts, or isn't there one?

Im asking is if its possible to have the same impact sounds for the A-10, as the sounds I have are splashy and weak, not popping and cracky like the Ah64s.

...using you latest update I got a CTD and several freezes. I played around a bit and could localize the "source of evil". ;-)

The Bradley pbo from 210511 causes the game to crash 100%. I removed it and replaced it with the older pbo from 090311 and all was fine.

Apart from that all seems to be fine... Best combination for a nice evening: Blastcore, some buddies, beer and your brand-new artillery sounds. :slayer8:

all impact are at one pbo.

you can change it yourself A10 hit sounds are called :exma and exmam for hit metal /iron etc.

Apache ground hit sounds are called expg for metal hit expgm

And that pbo is...?

what pbo do i open for the A-10, and what pbo do I open for the AH64, to make the A-10 main cannon sounds have the Apache 30mil impact sounds.

Im looking through the first RWS download (Version: 0.99), not the patches.

Also I use Hifi A-10 sounds for the cannon, but like your impact sounds for the apache, how can i combine them,

i can prob do it myself, I have messed with configs before.

The impact sounds for the Hifi, are all washed out and splashy, epic gun with a wussy sound,

might as well shoot water balloons at the enemy.

will someone please tell me what WARfx Ordnance is used @ 2nd explosion on that vid w/ the humvee. thanks.

the explosions pbo only there are the impact sounds mate

Hellu! tried to find the old m16-sounds but with no luck...

If someone got them, can you upload them somwhere?

Hi Konrad,

First off.. GREAT WORK!.. I may be switching to this from JSRS simply for the weapon sounds.. they are absolutely fantastic!

I noticed something that may be on purpose or not but thought I'd let you know:

When in the gunner position in the M1A1 (the only one i tested in), there is a strange sound after the reload sound. Kinda sounds like a kid in the background or something.

Also the crouch and prone sounds are a bit heavy... but I don't mind that as much as the reload sound.

Great stuff!

P.S. Did you also change the thunder sounds?? maybe I haven't played in a storm for a while.. but they sounded great too!

Hi Konrad,

First off.. GREAT WORK!.. I may be switching to this from JSRS simply for the weapon sounds.. they are absolutely fantastic!

I noticed something that may be on purpose or not but thought I'd let you know:

When in the gunner position in the M1A1 (the only one i tested in), there is a strange sound after the reload sound. Kinda sounds like a kid in the background or something.

Also the crouch and prone sounds are a bit heavy... but I don't mind that as much as the reload sound.

Great stuff!

P.S. Did you also change the thunder sounds?? maybe I haven't played in a storm for a while.. but they sounded great too!

Thats the reloader yelling that he is done reloading :D

@RedNinja

;)

HA!.. well what do ya know! Then leave it in!! Huzzah.

What is he yelling exactly?

how is this going, havent heard much for a while?

Edited by Tom1

I noticed when my US soldier was reloading on a mortar, there was an "Allah Akbar" chant. Good sounds though, I'm slowly getting around to trying it out more.

it only appears when you fire the Podnos.

This was ment as a nice little gimmick for the OPFOR\Taliban side, but yes sadly due to some engine limitations it also appears when you fire it as an US soldier

I was firing a US 81mm. I didn't notice it when I got around to firing a Podnos but at that time I was being shot at. But I like that it's in there. From the US side I just consider it a taunt.

Edited by HyperU2

From the Russians that are using it most of the time it makes no sense.

Spent some time in a tank yesterday, loving the "up", can we get an "on the way"?

I like the explosions, but I'm not a fan of the overall patch, IMO your original sounds for small arms were better, especially the M16/M4 family.

I like the explosions, but I'm not a fan of the overall patch, IMO your original sounds for small arms were better, especially the M16/M4 family.

I agree

Just installed this fantastic mod, cant believe what i have been missing:)