Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

Homefront - another 3 hour Campaign - AVOID

I see a lot of games out there that are wonna be CoD just with retarded controls and extreme amounts of bloom.

However its kind of sad that nearly only CoD has simple features like semi proper reload anims and strafe sprint which really adds to gameplay. So in this aspect it sets good standard.

Homefront already fails with no lean or recoil. Atleast it has prone. But its kind of fun. Like get in and kill some people. Movement seems smooth which is really the most important thing in FPS like that.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, this game could really use a sound mod. Weapons sound like airsoft.

No recoil? You mad? Yeah it's not realistic but it's far more than the other generic FPS games.

M4 shoots one bullet on top of other, I dunno what you were playing.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, this game could really use a sound mod. Weapons sound like airsoft.

This is probably one of my biggest complaints about Homefront. The sound is abysmal. From the voice acting, to the positional audio to the pathetic weapon sounds. To be fair, I always found COD suffered from this as well where weapon sounds were concerned. Too many devs just don't bother with proper sound design.

Then I go back and play something like Vietcong and I feel like I am there.

Edited by BangTail

M4 shoots one bullet on top of other, I dunno what you were playing.

I was playing Homefront, how about you?

Thanks for the warning Bang -saved me some cash.

I just found the best shooter anyhows -its OA after an extended break :p

This is probably one of my biggest complaints about Homefront. The sound is abysmal. From the voice acting, to the positional audio to the pathetic weapon sounds. To be fair, I always found COD suffered from this as well where weapon sounds were concerned. Too many devs just don't bother with proper sound design.

Then I go back and play something like Vietcong and I feel like I am there.

The sound isn't terrible. Sure the weapons don't sound as beefy, but I think the positional sound is quite fine and the explosions are real beefy.

It's much better than most games. Hell ArmA 2 has really bad sounds unless you use soundmods, really. Doesn't stop us from playing the game though.

In your opinion maybe.

In my opinion, it's awful. The guns are all recorded at different levels with the SAW sounding quieter than the SMG. The positional audio is garbage with people who are standing 40 feet away sounding like they are talking in your ear.

It's your right to defend the game but defend it on legitimate points (like good graphics for instance).

ArmA 2's sound is fine. Some of the weapons aren't great out of the box but the comparison is really not objective tbh. ArmA 2 is a huge, complex, open world sandbox and Homefront is a trite, confined and unambitious rail shooter.

Edited by BangTail

- 26% THQ stock drop on release

- $20 knocked off the console prices 2 days later.

Gee I wonder if it's good?

I'm also reading on the Homefront forum that you need to download half the game even if you bought the DVD.

People are forced to download an "Update" 3-9 gigs in size.

Edited by jblackrupert

I hear a lot of negatives about the console compared to PC versions.

Same game.

In other news, the patch that was just released across all platforms has broken many people's games.

I might boot it up later to see if it has broken mine.

I'm also reading on the Homefront forum that you need to download half the game even if you bought the DVD.

People are forced to download an "Update" 3-9 gigs in size.

/QFT

Edited by BangTail

The Homefront forums are nothing but complaints for all versions.

I wonder if the devs are going to pop on the forum and start swearing at the customers

like they did with Frontlines: Fuel of War.

If I had to download 4 gigs of the game despite buying the DVD I'd bring it back to the store and raise heck until I got my money back.

I was tempted but can't be bothered fighting with Steam. I'm officially done with preordering anything (exception BIS/ED products). The only silver lining in this case was the free copy of Metro 2033 (which I already owned) but gave to a friend who'd never played it.

No more paying to fund development of this schlock only to be rewarded with an uninspired (and now broken game) that would involve me charging back to get a refund.

I should elaborate, I just logged on after Steam auto patched the game and the MP server browser is broken, I can't actually select any servers even though they are visible. Seemed as good a time as any to get this giant turd of a 'game' off my SSD.

/flush

Edited by BangTail

It looked good in the begining when the first videos came out

but one video with the developers that came out later told me it

was going to be a turd and nothing like they were making it out to be.

I doupt THQ is going to be around for very much longer.

Imagine if Sion Lenton was on the project.

http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B003Q53VZC/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

Edited by jblackrupert

Yep, looks like this may sink THQ completely.

That is a lot of negativity.

I was realy disapointed by this game.

There was so much potential in this topic, fighting a guerillia war against invadors.

But what do we get? Another Call of Stupid clone with blood on the screen and gunship missions. I thought i will be a resistance fighter with IEDs and such things, not a soldierboy with a reddot on his rifle.

But there are still some good parts. The ambience is very depressing, like it should be. The story also is not so far from the reality like in Call of Duty.

Hope the Red Dawn remake isn't such a disapointment.