Sign in to follow this  
mikemike664

arma 2 is their a way to get arma2 stuff in arma 2 oa

ok so i cant play alot of maps or weapon or templats and other stuff because i always get messages that pop up saying can not play/edit this mission due to the deleted content ca water ca_weapons2 cabulding and a lot more so every one is saying i need arma 2 but i only have arma 2 oa so is their a way to get the stuff from arma 2 over to arma 2 oa like a download because i dont want to buy arma 2.

No - that would be illegal and there is no method. I would buy Arma2 - it really is value for money not just for the objects but all the other things. Remember OA is an addon of Arma2.

Actually Arma 2 works like an addon for OA. You run arma2oa.exe, not arma2.exe even when you run combined operations.

Legally, you'd have to buy Arma 2 and *then* run its folder as an addon for Arma 2. If you're having problems with this (once you do have Arma 2 installed) you can always ask for help here (well, actually, this isn't the right forum for it, but you got the idea).

ok so i cant play alot of maps or weapon or templats and other stuff because i always get messages that pop up saying can not play/edit this mission due to the deleted content ca water ca_weapons2 cabulding and a lot more so every one is saying i need arma 2 but i only have arma 2 oa so is their a way to get the stuff from arma 2 over to arma 2 oa like a download because i dont want to buy arma 2.

You don't want to buy A2, yet want to use its contents...don't you find that peculiar?

It would be illegal to obtain Arma 2 content any other way. ;)

May buy Arma2 is really not an option if you want arma2 content in OA, or basically Combined Ops, Alot of stuff for mods and such are almost becoming CO required,

and personally I see no point in playing OA alone, when you can have best of both worlds with Arma2 and OA when Combined hence Arma2:CO.

You simply cant go wrong with CO.

Mike you need a tutorial on this game for installation, patches, mods, multiplayer, editing cuz in the past day or two you posted like

3-4 topics really asking almost the same stuff.

Same goes for all new guys we need one page that has everything here a sticky that is very obvious to anyone,

especially to new guys, maybe I missed somewhere?

1 page that has everything will be so long nobody will read it and the problem will repeat itself :(

Dont need a massive dictionary manual type topic sticky, just a page full of links to topics already posted on how to do things, that should be sufficient.