Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

Sometimes soldiers refuse to move.

This is a huge issue with Zeus AI. Makes missions hard to enjoy while using it.

i have had an instance where, I the player, was affected by the pistol bug.

i have never tried to reproduce it, but it seemed at the time, to stem from a conflict between what weapon was selected. the model and animation displayed were that of a pistol, but the game thought the rifle was active. the animation just locked up

any one else ever had that happen before?

I've seen this numerous times in the Campaigns with Vanilla Arma2 AO (no mods). I do not recall if they had their pistols out but I will look for that next time.

i have had an instance where, I the player, was affected by the pistol bug.

i have never tried to reproduce it, but it seemed at the time, to stem from a conflict between what weapon was selected. the model and animation displayed were that of a pistol, but the game thought the rifle was active. the animation just locked up

any one else ever had that happen before?

Yeah I have had that and numerous other issues, they're the reason I rarely carry a pistol. It's bad enough switching to a launcher sometimes.

As for frozen AI I've found sometimes I can get them back by changing their stance.

I'm getting this quite a bit, regardless of weapon choice and stance, or even having weapons at all. It seems to only occur with the latest couple of betas, for me.

Try this as a workaround ... as the squad leader, press <Function># (#=team member), choose to become that team member # from the command menu. Go into Gear menu (press <G>) of the team member you have now become. As that team member, drop the pistol. Next, drop your main firearm. After you have dropped dropped your weapon, immediately pick up your firearm again (leave the pistol). Regroup with squad leader, revert back to leader. If you are still alive hopefully everything will work normally again.

Edited by MissionCreep