Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Aircraft that take only 1 missile hit to die (script)

Tired of enemy aircraft that shrug off multiple AA missiles?

This little snippet will kill any aircraft that is hit by a missile (or rocket, in fact) and the score and aircraft hit count will work properly. The aircraft's vulnerability to bullet and shell hits is unchanged.

Add it to a units init or add it to the aircraft by name.

indexcounter = _veh addeventhandler ["HandleDamage", {if ((_this select 4) isKindOf "MissileCore") then { 1; } else { _this select 2; }; }];

Code by Sekra and myself from a requirement of mine and initial code discussion by Sickboy and -=PA=-Mikhail over at ArmaStack.

I don't know how to interpret your code. Does it only kill the plain if the missile itself makes contact with the fuselage?

Does it only kill the plain if the missile itself makes contact with the fuselage?

You mean plane

Yes. A skin or close hit from the missile will kill any aircraft.

Maybe I could put it this way; an AA missile that gets a hit on an aircraft will never only damage its target it will always kill.

Edited by Tankbuster

ehm where is the mod.... This is a script :) But thanks for sharing

Yes. A skin or close hit from the missile will kill any aircraft.

Maybe I could put it this way; an AS missile that gets a hit on an aircraft will never only damage its target it will always kill.

BIS solved the problem for single player in a simple way...A.I. will eject from a still functional plane after first missile hit...this works not for human players off course and thats where the strange presentation of Planes as a solid block of Hitpoints with no subsystems kicks in.

This is much about the scoring system as anything else. Using this, the shooter gets the points for killing the aircraft, as well as an aircraft kill in the credit in the "dead aircraft" column on the scoreboard. Previously, a shooter would damage an aircraft, the crew would bail and the aircraft would crash, but the shooter would get no points or credit.

Also, it looks cool when the aircraft bursts into flames an falls to ground in a fiery, smokey death trail, ending in another great big 'splode when it impacts.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Something else that may be of interest;

This doesn't work for just AA missiles, it will work for any rocket or missile.

It doesn't affect missiles that are spoofed or not locked on before launch.