Sign in to follow this  
Shift

Cannot enter the server for an unknown reason

Hi, i want to play on a specific server but i cant connect to it for some reason, the game says that the version is bad, but it lists itself as server bersion 1.57 a client version 1.57 too. The server also has a red circle to the left of its name in the list

here is a screenshot of my problem

0_63cc7_4cd31913_orig

Well in most places RED = STOP or NO GO. This should let you realize something.

yes but why? I have the same version, i load Combined Operations, there is no mods on the server, it is not password protected, what is the reason??

OR you are running a MOD / Addon, it states NO addons or mods, so only Vanilla Arma is allowed..

i have a completely pure arma, just yesturday bought it off steam (combined operations package). Also sadly i have no means of contact with hosts/admins of this server, but sometimes i see up to 30 people playing there, so there must be a way to connect. Also those guys have another server with ace mode (its visible on the screen in the bottom) which also has a red status blop icon thing for me,i didnt try to connect though as i dont have the ace mod

Odd.... do me a favour.. filter SBS and check out the servers... ARE they all red ? you should have 1 red and 2 green.... if they are all red then you have a problem your side,, you are patched up ? 1.57 (not sure how steam works, if it is the latest version etc) Do any servers show up green ? or are they yellow ?

I'm sorry what is sbs? In what field should I enter it? I'm relatively new to arma 2 multiplayer. I have no problems playing on other servers that are 1.57 version and require both arma 2 and OA content.

SBS is name of server buddy, you can use the filter to find, individual servers etc..

A new Steam user had similar probs joining our vanilla A2+OA server.

He found in his Steam app, a place that activated his OA. (he also bought CO only)

Sorry, I can't be more specific atm, I do not use Steam.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Odd.... do me a favour.. filter SBS and check out the servers... ARE they all red ? you should have 1 red and 2 green.... if they are all red then you have a problem your side,, you are patched up ? 1.57 (not sure how steam works, if it is the latest version etc) Do any servers show up green ? or are they yellow ?

Hello, i have done what you requested, here are the results. The only server i see red is the one running 1.58 version hence i see it with a red cross

0_6535e_5330bf9d_XL

Have you ran the ArmA2 at least once? I think i read something about having to launch ArmA2 at least once to get the Operation Arrowhead and ArmA2 linked together for the Steam version, or something like that.

If mine is green buddy,,, then there must be some addon/mod on that other server.... The SBS server is VANILLA arma, the problem should be with the server you are trying to join.....