Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Run clan arma 2 co with only stalker mod to check if all is ok, dont run with dayz.

You have all needed addons Namalsk island, Ak pack, G3 pack check first post to be sure.

Run clan arma 2 co with only stalker mod to check if all is ok, dont run with dayz.

You have all needed addons Namalsk island, Ak pack, G3 pack check first post to be sure.

._.

I don't run with DayZ, I can uninstall DayZ, and it still mentions it for some weird ass reason.

If I run CO, I can't seem to run the mods. Like, when I go to expansions, all I find is " ARMA II, ARMA II AO, ARMA II BAF, ARMA II PMC(lite edition)

Hi,

I'm playing Hunt For The Bloodsucker, but when I get to the first STALKER CAMP in the MINE area, I put my weapon down and they still kill me?

Is this because I killed everyone at the very start, they sort of know or something..?

If so, I'll have to start again... :(

Thanks for this mod, DAP.

Can anyone help me get missions running?

I get error, requires "vilas_rw_forces". The pbo isn't in the pack and I've seen some discussion about the place that it is in other packs.

I've d/l'd a few and had no joy.

Packs I've tried:

vil_char.7z

vilas_aks_06-02-2011.7z

vilas_aks_08-01-2011.7z

I changed the dir-structure from the 7z file around a bit because it wasn't detecting at all.

@DAP_Stalker\AddOns

@DAP_Stalker\Missions

This got me closer, but still "vilas_rw_forces" required & not found.

I tried with Namalsk Crisis (@NC)m enabled but it seemed to over-ride DAP_Stalker.

I disabled it and used sym-links in the @DAP_Stalker tothe required pbo from @NC which worked a treat.

Just included this for completeness.

Edited by Grimwald
extra info

Grimwald

You got error "vilas_rw_forces when using a config file...For correct operation of mod must >

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Mod für CO von DAP [17.03.2011]

Insel Namalsk von Sumrak [v1.10]

East Europe Weapons Pack von Vilas [06.02.11]

G3 Projekt von Christian.1987 [v1.0]

Remove all previously installed mods and reinstall. To avoid confusion rename folders so > @STALKER, @Nightstalkers, @C1987_G3, @vilas_aks_06_02_2011

Checked all works.

Edited by docpet

Thanks docpet. I got it working but not the way you said.

My launch is done by shortcut with -mod parameter/switches.

From what I've seen arma2oa.exe will make a new config file (arma2oa.cfg) on each launch.

I was already using the correct namalsk pbo files from Namalsk Crisis, via Sym-Link.

Had to reorder DAP's folders and put AddOns one level beneath @DAP_Stalker.

ARMA2OA doesn't seem to recurse sub-folders on the -mod switch.

What I did to get it working was all to do with vilas' mods.

The version of vilas' east europe weapons pack 06.02.2011 has incorrectly named pbo.

I renamed vilas_oa_char.pbo to vilas_rw_forces.pbo, and the same thing for its bisign file, and that got it working.

To summarise the install/setup for others that might have the issue.

Get the required packs as stated by docpet above.

Set them up in their own mod folders - check AddOns guide.

{If you're using Namalsk Crisis it can be convenient to install Link Shell Extender and create symbolic links to the required pbo files in the @DAP_Stalker (or whatever you call it). @Namalsk_Crisis seems to override @DAP_Stalker}

Vilas pack needs two files renamed (if you get the same issue as me).

Rename, "vilas_oa_char.pbo" to "vilas_rw_forces.pbo"

Rename "vilas_oa_char.bisign.pbo" to "vilas_rw_forces.bisign.pbo"

Make sure your -mod line is as lean as possible to avoid other conflicts.

I have a separate shortcut for each mod combination.

For DAP_Stalker I use:

"R:\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash "-mod=R:\ArmA 2\@DAP_Stalker;R:\ArmA 2\@CBA;R:\ArmA 2\@CBA_A2;R:\ArmA 2\@CBA_OA;R:\ArmA 2\@C1987_G3;R:\ArmA 2\@Vilas"

Hope this helps someone.

Grimwald

This is all so complicated. The solution is simple... You just used is not the .pbo in East Europe Weapons Pack 06.02.2011 which contains [vilas_aks.pbo size 206 MB & vilas_aks.pbo.Vilas.bisign] and not use vilas_oa_char.pbo. No need to change anything. For example copy all .pbo files in the folder @STALKER_MOD and create a bat file stalker_mod.bat with the content

arma2oa.exe -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@STALKER_MOD -nosplash

for the game to run. Or create a shortcut with the same contents

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@STALKER_MOD -nosplash

I tried that first. :-) Maybe I had a bad version of 06.02.2011.

Whatever the case is, it's working now and I appreciate the help, docpet. Thank you. :cool:

Edit: Out of curiosity I tried setting it up again and it worked fine. Damned weird, but probably all my fault for playing around with this stuff at 2am.

Thanks again, docpet. :)

Edited by Grimwald
update info

Just curious, on Six Updater, there is a "stalker" created by DAP. I'm assuming that these are the same mods. The Six Updater version does not automatically add the two additional necessary packs, and there is no install of the mission. Am I missing something here, or is this Six Updater version a completely different animal?

russbo

Six Updater there are updates mod [@stalker] 2 months ago & [@namalsk] 9 months ago, there are also two mod for ARMA2 [@dapman] & [@dapman_auto] not related to the mod Stalker.

What packets get into question?

What about these:

East weapons pack from Vilas

G3 pack from Christian.1987

Are they included in the "stalker" package on Six Updater?

And are there missions or a campaign?

Thanks!

If it is such a subtle humor that I really laughed for a long time. ;) For the convenience of all-inclusive. This Pak weapons.

How is it You have played before without these packages?

Didn't.

If you're going to put something on Six Updater, it should automatically include and download the necessary accessory packages. That's the beauty of the Six Updater. So, I will assume that the "stalker" package on Six Updater is not complete, and therefore should not be used.

Оfficial statement: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod still alive :) All tests on dedicated server were successful. Right now I searching qualified 3D Artists, who can work with characters and objects.

Edited by DAP

That's very nice to hear. :)

Dedicated server? Now I'm wondering if there's a persistent STaLKER mod coming our way from you, Dap? I'm certainly interested in such a thing and am trying to get the resources & game-assets collected so I can start it. Slow progress though when one is still making lots of rookie errors like I do. :D

PLEASE make it persistent..!!!

I'm about to start a HUGE STALKER based landmass/island- but it's some way off yet..!!!

I'm just using Namalsk - because it's a great island and Namalsk Crisis is great inspiration. DAP's anomalies are pretty fine!

My plan is pretty modest: have an exploration based mission that is co-op friendly, and has a series of events that drive a plot, all in one long mission that lasts a few days. Hoping that co-op with "suspend" on the server will create a save-game that allows all the players to rejoin and continue as they can get the time. Still building environment but I've finally learned enough to get that happening fast enough that I think I'll finish in my lifetime! :-D

DAP (or anyone else), is there a way to make electro have more sparks/lightning? It looks pretty "small".

Also, can the "trampoline" be altered not to kill the player instantly? Leaving the damage to occur from the fall that occurs afterwards.

Given that it has a pretty impressive launch - looks like about 20+ meters - I don't think the anomaly has to inflict any damage at all and it'll give a better view of what happened.

Play with the values in the DAPANOMALIES.pbo in the script Electro.sqf and Trampoline.sqf

_light setLightAmbient[0.25, 0.25, 1];
_light setLightColor[0.25, 0.25, 1];
_light setLightBrightness 0.045;
_x setDammage 1;

Docpet, thanks again for your help. :)

I guess that to do this a pbo unpacker is required.

Starting to get into this mission making: it's exciting.

Are there any Aussies watching this thread? I'd love to make a Skype contact to chat with & do co-ops in STALKER related ARMA2 stuff. PM me if interested.

Has anyone got backpacks (from OA) or rucksacks (from ACE), working with Freedom or Duty units?

Edited by Grimwald
clarity, I hope

Has anyone got backpacks (from OA) or rucksacks (from ACE), working with Freedom or Duty units?

Here they are :)

I must be making another rookie error. When i add the czech vest pouch to a crate i cannot take it as freedom unit. If i add a pack directly toa freedom unit i cannot access it. Shows up as "no ruck" using ACE. I can addBackpack to German units, though. Confused.

I must be making another rookie error. When i add the czech vest pouch to a crate i cannot take it as freedom unit. If i add a pack directly toa freedom unit i cannot access it. Shows up as "no ruck" using ACE. I can addBackpack to German units, though. Confused.

No mistakes :) It just not released :) Backpacks already added for stalker units and they will be released with mod :)

I'm very relieved that it's not another rookie-error on my part. Looking forward to the mod/update. :)