Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Hey DAP!

Is there any chance of you posting a few more screenies to keep this boiling for us STALKER fans!? ;)

Hey DAP!

Is there any chance of you posting a few more screenies to keep this boiling for us STALKER fans!? ;)

Ok :D Here they are :D New menu cutscene and ingame screenshots :)

arma2oa2012110111203990.jpg

arma2oa2012110110282962.jpg

arma2oa2012110110372630.jpg

arma2oa2012110110312998.jpg

arma2oa2012110110360832.jpg

Edited by DAP

Holy crap!

These are amazing mate!!! :)

I am really looking forwards to getting my hands on this mod update now... Im also tempted to ask for about 50 new screenshots too lol...

That menu cutscene one is a classic, and i really like the look/feel of the last shot too.

DAP, have you outlined what the content is in this new update, or are you leaving it as a surprise?

Anyway man, damn fine looking stuff you've got there, keep up the fantastic work!

Marc

Yeah, I have to agree with meanmachine, the cutscene is awesome. You're achieving an excellent mood from the screenshots.

DAP as i stated some posts before-i have made changes to the mod so it can work with ACE.

Do you have problem if i m asked for the edited loadouts (changes in "randomGear.sqf") and/or extra ACE modules on map?

DAP as i stated some posts before-i have made changes to the mod so it can work with ACE.

Do you have problem if i m asked for the edited loadouts (changes in "randomGear.sqf") and/or extra ACE modules on map?

What kind of changes and what kind of modules? ACE actually was created for more detailed combat simulations :) If you say about stamina and rucksacks, then: 1 - ACE stamina will not good in most situations (no chances to escape from some monsters and dogs, especially with dogs, because now they run really fast, faster than any human). 2 - all units already can use backpacks from OA, so no needed in ACE rucksacks. And, of course, ACE weapons :) In original games all actions in game occur on post Soviet space. So most of weapons will be Soviet-made. And no any hi-tech M16A4 with ACOG and M203 :)

Some additional info :)

Now all NPC (including monsters, zombies, dogs) and artefacts can respawn. Also added ranks system:

Novice < 10.000 rating points

Skilled < 25.000 rating points

Veteran < 50.000 rating points

Master < 100.000 rating points

Legendary > 100.000 rating points

Edited by DAP

Don't worry DAP.

I myself wouldn't liked to see 'exotic' stuff in your S.T.A.L.K.E.R world.

Rucksacks/Stamina/modules

There are lots of people who liked the original-game STALKER world/atmosphere.

Here (in ArmA)..we can evolve it from just-a-game to a harsh-survival experience

*there is something i want to ask you..i ll do it via pm

We are eager for any update :)

There are lots of people who liked the original-game STALKER world/atmosphere.

Here (in ArmA)..we can evolve it from just-a-game to a harsh-survival experience

Believe me, this is will be hardcore horror-survival mod :D Sometimes after hour of testing I need take a break due to nervous tension. It is really scare sometimes :D Despite the fact, that I did it all :D

1297284619578.jpg

This is my feelings about this mod :D

Despite the fact, that I did it all :D

This..is the "curse of the artist" my friend.

It's difficult for you to be surprised :/

Huge stalker fan here. i spent alot of my time modding the xray engine for more realism aspects. Just wanted to say great job, downloaded the mod, checked it out, have to say its great! played around in the mission editor a bit, i must say i love the bloodsuckers! just wish they had more variety of sounds to make. there really isnt much to "not" like about this mod / pack. Great job, i may be sending you a pm DAP.

What kind of changes and what kind of modules? ACE actually was created for more detailed combat simulations :) If you say about stamina and rucksacks, then: 1 - ACE stamina will not good in most situations (no chances to escape from some monsters and dogs, especially with dogs, because now they run really fast, faster than any human). 2 - all units already can use backpacks from OA, so no needed in ACE rucksacks. And, of course, ACE weapons :) In original games all actions in game occur on post Soviet space. So most of weapons will be Soviet-made. And no any hi-tech M16A4 with ACOG and M203 :)

Hi DAP,

I had asked GiorgyGR in another thread about his Stalker ACE configs and he was nice enough to post the inquiry here.. let me quickly explain.

Our group uses ACE/ACRE exclusively now (once you go ACE it's hard to go back :p)... so my request was more from a consistency angle than any specific ACE feature or weapon.

The real reason (at least for me) is that ACE has a lot of great features for mission makers (lots of editor modules for example) and if custom units do not have ACE configs for them it makes it much harder to make missions with these units.

I understand this is a specific request and if it's a ton of work I don't expect you to undertake such a project but if is a relatively simple task then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Savage

When this is done I may be able to stop playing Stalkersoup. ;-)

DAP & crew; have you got artifacts to be more than fancy objects?

Hi!

I would like to play this mod, but as soon as I start it, all the characters look like this. I've got all the requirements, so don't have a clue what's wrong. Dl-ed the mod with Six.

skeleton1.jpg

skeleton2.jpg

I have no idea why this is like this, but it's only with this mod enabled. Any ideas how to fix it?

EDIT: also, as I have just found out, it removed the unit type "man" from the game. For example, trying to run the editor, I have no personnel/infantry/people options for any side. And when I try to preview the mission anyway, as a vehicle driver, I get loads of errors and am thrown back into editor.

Edited by strelnikoff

DAP & crew; have you got artifacts to be more than fancy objects?

Right now they just objects, which you can sell to trader and get money :)

Hi!

I would like to play this mod, but as soon as I start it, all the characters look like this. I've got all the requirements, so don't have a clue what's wrong. Dl-ed the mod with Six.

I have no idea why this is like this, but it's only with this mod enabled. Any ideas how to fix it?

I found cause of this bug. It happens because of new model of bloodsucker from Sumrak :) As I see on screenshots, you used new version of Namalsk Island, and all new files, of course :) So, just replace new bloodsucker with old one and your problem will be solved :)

Edited by DAP

can someone thow up their mod line they use to launch the game with @stalker mod... I am filtering thew the posts and trying what everyone has suggested and I still cannot get anything to work with this mod... I launch with Nothing, with Cba's, with Everything.. and everytime there is some major error that keeps me from being able to enjoy your hard work DAP... I have had the same problem as strelinkoff, before.. the Crazy model skeleton problem and the "man" units dissipearing from the game...

I have downloaded everything off armaholic.. Vilas Aks. Stalkerunits, G36 project.. namalsk.. Everything.. I have downloaded Namalsk crisis 1.15 (the latest version) for all the recent fixes... I still cannot get anything to function...Even the Hunt for the Bloodsucker mission that is included doesnt work.. I get Script errors and texture errors ... Nothing in the mission functions as it should. I have De-Pbo'd the mission and all the scripts that the game says are not there, Are there... I an at my wits end I just cant believe that everyone else can use this mod with out these issues and when i do every thing that is perscribed to fix the issue I get NO results....

I found cause of this bug. It happens because of new model of bloodsucker from Sumrak :) As I see on screenshots, you used new version of Namalsk Island, and all new files, of course :) So, just replace new bloodsucker with old one and your problem will be solved :)

To make it clearer, since I've never dealt with these mods before: I should get an old version of the Namalsk Island?

Or of the Stalker mod? Or is there maybe just an old bloodsucker file out there somewhere that I could get without taking down a whole mod (slow connection)?

How far back are we talking here? Do you perhaps have a direct DL link of the old version of Namalsk if that's the thing I need? If it's the Island I need I would be really grateful for a direct DL link because the author's website is a freaking labyrinth if you're there for the first time.

Thanks!

So, just replace new bloodsucker with old one and your problem will be solved

If it's at all possible, could someone supply the necessary files for the old-bloodsucker to this thread, as a temporary fix for those experiencing the graphics issue?

I would imagine that, like me, most players would've deleted the old content - to download ALL of that again, just to acquire a file or two for one creature...

If anyone has that old set of files handy, would you mind posting a download link here? Thanks in advance!

Kyle_K_ski

If not against this problem with the textures (the main reason for the conflict of weapon-pack) was solved on page #21 post#194-#206

Not sure of the open references to the friendly resources for wrote you in private message.

Hi Docpet,

just hoping that you've some more screenshots to show us of your work in progress..?

...please..? :)

Also, would it be possible to post a 1920*1200 of your menu screen..?

Keep up the great work man...

@meanmachine1

Please stop asking for new screens! The author will release news when he thinks he should release something, not cause others spam his thread asking for updates.

Any such posts are considered spam and the forum rules are clear what happens to spammers.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.