Sign in to follow this  
Binary

View Distance / Dedicated Server

Hi folks,

So far, I've encountered different answer to this pretty old question..

Is it actually possible to increase the view distance, by throwing a parameter on the dedicated server?

Increasing it in the .ArmA2OAProfile doesn't seem to work..

I know that mission makers can script this, but this never really get's done in our unit, people are lazy :j:

server side addon - you can use this to set the VD on the server for everyone and every mission.

server side addon - you can use this to set the VD on the server for everyone and every mission.

Went with this solution, awesome tool ! :)

Hi, 

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

How do i allow clients who join my server to set theyr wiev distance freely? i tryed to set the distance in DefaultServer.ArmA2OAProfile to some big numbers, as OP stated, that doesnt work.  

I dont want scripts or addons that set the distance for folowing reasons.

1.st i´ve learned that if we have more than certain ammounts of addons (16) in our clan modlist, some of the players have huge FPS drops, and we are allreadey on 16 so one more addon that is not a map, would be far to much.  

2.nd Not everyone understands computers, and i have more people who dont than who do, in my clan, so whenever i want them to use something new, i have to download install and enable it for lot of people via TeamWiever, wich eats time.

3.rd the serverside script proposed in this thread sets the wievdistance same for all the clients wich is unaxeptable because i have people with wide range of computers in my clan. For example, i can run chernarus with 10000m Wiev Distenc and All details wery high with 60FPS, but some others cant go over 900m without going under 15FPS.  And i dont want to force people with strong PCS to play on low wiev distance, same as i dont want to force people with weak machines to play on low FPS.