Sign in to follow this  
Bazul14

Realistic AKs

/sign

Do want ,that problem,yes that's problem, with AK sights resolved by devs.

Now AKs with the default sight is the worst (4 me) rifle in the game. Really hope that suggestions from this thread will not be ignored by devs.

Someone created a task in dev-heaven?

sry4my eng

Edited by Strykeeer

Still have no idea what the problem here is. If you use the appropriate FOV for aiming (commonly refered to as "Zoom"), then at least I find that I can hit targets just fine (also helps to be able to see where your rounds are landing).

Hi, the bullets flying arc of the AK (aka parabolic) begins at between +100 to +125m and the place "where you see bullets" comming out from the barrel it's behind the aim point a bit below it's tip; so you've to guess too much in gaming terms.

They added an unreal default zoom value to fix this same thing on the MP5s, the MP5s have iron sights (IRL) similar to the G3 & CETME C, also somehow similar too to the ones on the CETME L.

the only way to fix this issue on the ingame AK-47s & AK-74s will be to retouch the rear sights of all the 47s & 74s to make 'em more wide, maybe also elevating a bit the points (on the model) where the bullets come out from; the fact that the AKs are placed lower on the units hands (on every soldier model) may have something to do with this too; i not sure on this last part. In therms of gameplay the AK models could be more improved, i'd felt tempted to bring back my M4s pack to the ArmA2 (from the ArmA) and add all the ArmA's eastern weapons too, this time with corrected muzzle flashes (for AKs & M4s/M16s) and also the placement height on the units hands, as i did with my M4s pack; but i'll need help and im tired of fix or improve what BIS did wrong on pourpouse or for lazyness in 1St place. Let's C ya

Hi, the bullets flying arc of the AK (aka parabolic) begins at between +100 to +125m and the place "where you see bullets" comming out from the barrel it's behind the aim point a bit below it's tip; so you've to guess too much in gaming terms.

They added an unreal default zoom value to fix this same thing on the MP5s, the MP5s have iron sights (IRL) similar to the G3 & CETME C, also somehow similar too to the ones on the CETME L.

the only way to fix this issue on the ingame AK-47s & AK-74s will be to retouch the rear sights of all the 47s & 74s to make 'em more wide, maybe also elevating a bit the points (on the model) where the bullets come out from; the fact that the AKs are placed lower on the units hands (on every soldier model) may have something to do with this too; i not sure on this last part. In therms of gameplay the AK models could be more improved, i'd felt tempted to bring back my M4s pack to the ArmA2 (from the ArmA) and add all the ArmA's eastern weapons too, this time with corrected muzzle flashes (for AKs & M4s/M16s) and also the placement height on the units hands, as i did with my M4s pack; but i'll need help and im tired of fix or improve what BIS did wrong on pourpouse or for lazyness in 1St place. Let's C ya

That!!!! That is what exactly needs to be done. The rear sights are so thin that they are a pain to use. We should have something similar in spacing like the M16. Even with the zoom, they are very hard to use, oh, and zoom really sucks balls at short range, so its not the most ideal thing to use.

This is personal opinion...... I find the Ak sights in game ( I just checked yesterday) are just like the real thing....

Seriously, I would say just practice and learn how to use them, or download/make a replacement mod. It's not really a huge issue.

The video was of course for the vietnam era versions. The AK74 is apparently more accurate. I think in ArmA 2 it's possible to hit a man sized target at 200m with the AK47 reliably.

I was refering to how sights should look like when ADS not how accurate gun is. Front part should be elivated a bit.

Yes, but the rear sight is still too small. And IRL it does not look like that. There are some good mm's of space.

Front part should be elivated a bit.

like this, huh?

AKsightsComparison.jpg

only available through mods, I'm afraid. however, the AK74U sights look fine. I would just use those or a scoped AK.

Yes something like this. I would be fine by using mods but they usually change recoil not just skin. So thats why I dont use replacement packs for weapons. I find AK74U sights fine as well though.

Please check out ACE2 AK-74 and AKS-74 family (not M ones). I can release the modified models separately for PvP sake.

I just checked ACE AK sights and it is better. If you can replace only models and not behaviour of iron sighted AKs, that would be great.

I think that the AK sights are actually fine. The problem is the distance of the head from the sights. ACE2 fixes this only for AK74s. The problem in ARMA2 CO is that the head is way too far from the sights, like it is not even aiming. If aiming, the head should be a lot more forward, and I guess that can be adjusted really easily, just a position algorithm, no need to modify the sights in 3dmax or anything.

The position of the camera in the sight picture has nothing to do with the head. There are two vertices in the p3d defining the position and sight axis of the camera.

almost the same thing... so it can be easily fixed...

almost the same thing... so it can be easily fixed...

Yes, but don't hold your breath :p

I think that the AK sights are actually fine. The problem is the distance of the head from the sights. ACE2 fixes this only for AK74s. The problem in ARMA2 CO is that the head is way too far from the sights, like it is not even aiming. If aiming, the head should be a lot more forward, and I guess that can be adjusted really easily, just a position algorithm, no need to modify the sights in 3dmax or anything.

Please check out todays update, if You're using Six-Updater :)

Was ist das? I used six upgrader a while ago, and i had to reinstal arma... So is there another way?

I'll update my small package soon with ACE2 adjustments, so no Six-Updater would be needed.