Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Bah, it's at times as this I wish that I had any knowledge that could contribute to great projects like this one. :(

Anyways, impressive work Topas!

Ku chwale Ojczyzny! :)

Oh God Prof. ... few pics are really sad and horrible:(

Sadly yes, however the level of quality in the other pics are outstandingly good.

If one is looking for pictures, the most informative source is a Polish forum, odkrywca.pl (explorer).

Pics presented there are not of the quality of the above (as they're clearly professional propaganda or war reporter shots) but, being mainly taken from private collections prove to be an excellent source of information on pretty much all aspects of the conflict.

Here's the link to one of the topics. It's already a 25th topic devoted to September 1939 (links to previous parts always in the first post)

http://odkrywca.pl/wrzesien-1939-zdjecia-czesc-25-,682965.html#682965

The picture flow begins with photographs of a 1700's palace deliberately set on fire, obviously just for amusement... ;/ Beware, as there's no censorship, some pics may appear as graphic content.

Something Abs has begun to work on recently:

trackwheels.th.jpg

Anyone got a clue what it'll be? ;)

Stalin's answer to roller skates?

and yeah, looks like the beginnings of the T-26's tracks to me.

Hahah!

Abs

The Darkhorse and Volsukh nailed it - but only partially. The elements visible above were originaly used in a British Vickers tank, and then, subsequently in a variety of vehicles based upon it.

Hopefuly, what we see being started there will result in:

Vickers Mk.E 6-ton (not present in the mod at all) built from scratch

7TP Light Tank built from scratch (which will replace the current, aged and inaccurate OFP model)

T26 (already in our mod thanks to FWW2 getting a new suspension)

C7P prime mover/artillery tractor built from scratch

:)

That's some ambitious plans, but let's hope this won't scare Abs away and he won't regret to having started, haha ;)

:lookaround:

I surely did mention before that each of those needs to come in some variants, plus C7P needs something to actually tow...

? :P

I'm only playing around, mate. ;)

One step at a time. :)

Abs

I know, was just pulling your leg :P

Haha! That's a good one, Prof! I think I'll include it in my signature :D

Hopefully noone gets this pokes and jokes seriosuly. Otherwise I'll be seen as some Nazi slavemaster, or worse!

Wow, that's A SIGNATURE! Isn't it an overkill??

Oh, and please, let US handle the team-time management. People tend not to react positively to being pushed - even if this was meant as a joke, let's leave it already.

On topic:

Some important news will probably pop up in few days. Probably in German :P

It's all good. I take it as enthusiasm from the fans. ;)

It doesn't make me work any faster. :D

Abs

It is with great joy that I received news of a great discovery. Apparently, 72 years after the end of the campaign, a Polski Fiat 621 Ambulance (which no piece of was believed to exist anymore) was discovered somewhere in the Czech Republic!

http://lapidum.rajce.idnes.cz/Polsky_Fiat_621/

:yay:

Now, the sad part is... the current owner wants 7000(!)EUR for the wreckage... If there's no a buyer willing to invest in it in the following two weeks (28.11)... Well, let's hope it won't be scrapped...Fingers crossed - maybe this piece of history, which emerged from the dead after so many yeras will someday again look like this:

i285136.jpg

:)

Edited by topas

Topas do you have the guys contact details? I am sure she could join my GPW Jeep one day :)

Maybe that's just me dreaming a bit though, but i wouldn't mind trying to save her.

It would be an incredibly hard restoration seeing as next to nothing has survived apart from this sole example.

I could not seem to find his details

Edited by hetsar

OK, I was held back by some RL/work related issues, but now attempting to keep the promise (I told about some German-themed news to come).

I am currently working on SS troops wearing a specific camouflage pattern. It was still rather a seldom sight back in the early months of war; but the evidence is there that it was in use. Here some SS Kempf troops in the battle of Zakroczym 10-28.IX.1939 (the town saw some extensive fighting as it was included in the defense ring of the Modlin fortress). We have identified (hopefully correct) this camo to be the Platanenmuster of this type

wia1939161ll4.th.gif

3ssd1939618ul7.th.gif

szelkismall.th.jpg

I need some help on this one. Pics are blurry, so maybe it's not this pattern after all... I tend to think it may very well be this one as well....If someone here has a good knowledge of SS smocks of that time please confirm our identification. I'd rather do not include anything post-1939 for the sake of historical accuracy.

Thanks

Edited by topas
pics edited