Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

Hi, No, the Navy is not planned atm. The main reason is the complexity of the models one would need to produce and several other priorities that need our attention now. The only Naval piece we're considering is the Schleswig-Holstein battleship, that could be used as a stationary object / gun battery; but this (obviously) only if we decided to start a Westerplatte map.

Maybe sometime in the future...

For now I just can confir our plans and already ongoing works on some units for the Riverine Flotilla of the Polish Navy (some examples, plus some riverine units for the Germans - we have the Sturmboot in the works for some time now.

For now I just can confir our plans and already ongoing works on some units for the Riverine Flotilla of the Polish Navy (some examples, plus some riverine units for the Germans - we have the Sturmboot in the works for some time now.

Wow! Are they steerable too? And possible to man guns? Or rather just static objects?

By the way, greetings from Poland, I just came back from there yesterday evening. Nice weather indeed!

@Lagus_FinP

They're not ingame yet, so cannot answer this right now. It's just some models with very basic textures, so a topic for future discussions really ;)

@all

a small update;

- Steyr ADGZ freshly out of Abs' workshop and after my treatment

adgznewscopy.th.jpg

- reworked infantry models in an early development stage*

new1rg.th.jpg new2na.th.jpg new3h.th.jpg new4q.th.jpg

*models currently being made (practically from scratch) by Jaksa (using LODU's elements).

There is no gear on those yet, Jaksa added modelled epaulettes, small 1936 and high 1919 collars for Polish tunics. As for the Germans, work has begun on normal Wehrmacht, SS, Polizei und Feldgendarmerie units.

Hopefully more modelled stuff like belts or pockets will be featured.

By taking a step back and doing the models from sratch we aim at eliminating all those model errors and extensive clipping we couldn't get rid of. So generally it's a good thing to happen, although it may seem as it's slowing us down.

stay tuned

Edited by topas

Thanks, Maybe it hopefully will, someday (if I don't screw everything up with normal mapping; I still do suck big time in making proper one for clothing)

Tonight I'll start making some variations of the Soviet M35 enlisted and officer tunics. So maybe there's more to show soon. ;)

That's just brilliant :)

Is it me, or does the Adrian helmet look a little too small ?

Edited by ProfTournesol
let's speak english instead of frenchglish

Judging from those pictures your uniforms are the nicest on the market so far... :)

very nice work from you and your team.

Thanks Beton :)

ProfTournesol, yes, nicely spotted. The pics below show a properly sized Adrian now:

(at least I hope they do)

new5zq.th.jpg new6lz.th.jpg new7g.th.jpg

Cavalry* / Infantry Officer / Police added today.

* Will have leather Y-straps in the final version

Edited by topas

The pics below show a properly sized Adrian now:

Cavalry* / Infantry Officer / Police added today.

Great ! Well, may i ask how is the "beast with four legs" going ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

Excellent work, not only on the new infantry models for each faction but also the newly textured ADGZ. Such high standards are well worth the wait :)

Great ! Well, may i ask how is the "beast with four legs" going ?

Sadly, it's not 'going' at all... It's lying still, gobbling grass from time to time and getting fat...

Nice Steyr - finally some Austrian quality stuff makes it into a WW2 mod :D

VERY nice models and textures too!

Keep it up

&

cheers,

D.

Thanks Dimitri,

We also do have access to other Steyr models, thanks to one of our donators, who lavishly gave us the permission to use whatever of his creations we might need.

Steyr 1500

download2i.th.jpg

Steyr RSO

download1b.th.jpg

For obvious reasons (none of the above was manufactured in 1939) we can't use them.... but..

...if we shall, someday, pursue the idea of making a post-September "Resistance" expansion this may very well be featured in there ;)

Congrats for all team members! I am very happy that you creating the mod from the WWII period and especially that it will concerns Poland. I am very impressed looking at your pictures. It will be a really great thing. I hope that during creation an excellent, detailed textures, you’ll put the emphasis on realism too. Since the days of "Liberation '41" (OFP) passed a few years, technology has changed, our computers have become more powerful, but I still remember some excellent effects that haven’t appeared in the later mods of other artists. Therefore, I have to ask you whether you intend to use bolt action animation? I am also interested whether you’ll create an animation of a rotating Stielhandgranate during the flight? And what about the animation wounded /dying soldiers or replacing a dead soldier by next one at HMG? Do you plan to use the Polish/German language during the fight? I mean the Polish and German shouts, curses...

I am very interested in the progress of your mod and every day I’ll follow this topic. So, I wish you all perseverance. Tak trzymać!

Edited by Huzar

Thank you Huzar for kind words and ideas.

These are all some very insteresting suggestions; of course we thought of several of them (with custom voices having the priority), were considering the CKM wz.30 being dismantled (hmg+tripod) and carried by soldiers.. but in the end it all comes down to manpower, skill and time.

It may be not the most mdoest thing to say, but of the three abovementioned we have some skill and lack the two remaining... so... we'll take everything into consideration, note it down and, well, just see how things progress ;)

-----------------

"And now for something completely different":

sovj.th.jpg

Most recent WIP shots on newly added Soviet characters: an infantryman and a NKVD guy.

This is all fresh, so please don't mind wrongly placed badges or placeholder gear (polish for now). Jaksa is away for two weeks now, so will have to wait for proper caps, pouches and holsters

Edited by topas

Achtung!

genzx.th.jpg

;)

Jaksa wil probably model a brand new cap once he's back. For now I have used my limited Oxygen skills to reshape the existing Polish one :P

Testing out some ideas:

Sailors of the Riverine Flotilla of the Polish Navy, or maybe Land Coastal Command?

93092448.th.jpg

to be decided and further developed ;)

* I was inspired by this drawing

wp43marynarz19394.th.jpg

and a documentary about Col.DÄ…bek, in charge of the Coastal Defence batallions:

uuZYXyRZ-C8&

(@11:49) Edited by topas