Sign in to follow this  
Archer 6

New york map addon

I was thinking of this earlier in the day and I thought how good of a map this could be in an Arma 2/OA setting, with jets streaking through the sky, attack helicopters patrolling by huge skyscrapers, an enemy convoy coming down Wall Street, and dont forget a large amount of U.S soldiers and other armed forces making a last stand against a countless number of enemies at the Empire State Building! If you think this could be a good idea tell me about it and if you dont think it is, tell me what would make it better.

dont' mean to be a buzz kill but with the disgusting state of AI pathfinding on roads and around buildings, this would fall flat on its ass

Besides arma2 does not play like ghost recon/vegas/cs/bf2/whatever. It doesn't do urban fighting very well

Manhattan is a grid city with large blocks. It has more in common with a wooded, hilly area in Chernarus than an OA village. And the AI are the most fun to fight in CQB, so long as they have a few pointers and an AI mod.

With a 50m object limit its hard to do skycrapers & other stuff. And hardly any building would be enterable.

A small suburb of NY could be done though. Would love to see a US city/village area.

:)

Make new objects and I'll do the map :)

p.s. working on a "god-forsaken" Bosnia map & objects takes us months, expect NY project to be at least half a year long... nice suggestion, really. Start working...

While AI on a city map might have issues, a city map for player vs player WOULD BE AWESOME! We at 21st Century Warfare (21CW.net) a big PvP tourny using Arma would love it! :)

Maybe he was, you know, suggesting it to BIS?

Yeah, well, why does every US new player wants a map/island from his own country anyways?

Besides, as you might have notices, building objects are pretty demanding for the CPU/GPU. Now imagine the repercussions of an urban map, and the bitching and moaning that will come from that?

This looks like an addOn request to me. I doubt BIS is going to ever make that, so you might want to ask in the dedicated addOn request thread instead.

Closing.