Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus_Long

Resistance: the movie

Ahhh...Finally something I can see and hear. I've been drooling over this addon for months now. It was cool to see the bus in action, they captured the sounds of it perfectly. I can almost smell the diesel. I wish they would have showed the motorcycle and the pistol as well.

One more month to go! biggrin.gif

Is that ALL you two were impressed about!?!

What about the civilian's reaction when the bomb fell behind him???

He twisted over, and looked like a real person. Perfect motion capture. (I assume it was motion captured).

Awesome trailer. Way too short though.

Mainly I was impressed by the modern looking buildings and ncie lookngi appearance (ie the trees planted in the pavement. I also found the large trees impressive.

As for the animation, well its new, granted. But is it going to be a built in animation? ie if a civilian is in safe mode and you fire a shot wil lhe turn around like that?

Or is it a one off animation solely used for the clip?

It all looks great, dont get me wrong. But showing normal russians fighting normal resistance didnt really set the scene any different from OFP.

I like the new scenery though, a lot.

This indeed is great. The motion was incredible, is it the 21th of june yet? and now? and now? and now? and now?

WOW. That was awesome! The trees look sooooo damn good, and so did the buildings. WOW.

Kingbeast you do have a point about the bomb scene where the guy turns around. I bet it will be a little script or something to do that, but that shouldnt be any problem.

That is the PV3s sound, hopefully they are changing it. They changed alot of sounds from the first demo in the original game.

Looks great and all, but the video quality doesn't allow us to see the full resolution of the game.

Why can't people make divx or svcd demos? I mean the quality compression(1 hour movie almost = dvd quality = 750mb) is awsome and its free to get a viewer software.

As for the expansion, what Id really like to see is a huge fix on the engine. Collision detection for now is awful for buildings, id like to be able to fight inside big buildings and get out of them in the open field.

The SOUNDS!! *input a few curses* I mean sounds helps a lot to feel INTO the game. As it is for now, it sucks on SB Live! which most people have (I know its SB's bad drivers, but I dont see why OFP is the only game bugging like this on XP) The surround positioning is also awful, I mean you can't rely on sounds to guess how far a vehicle is, you hear people running loudly while they are 100m away from you!

Those would be great pluses along with that new network coding which I hope will make every objects NOT warp around and impossible to shoot =P

Otherwise, I love OFP, its everything I wanted in a game, except the thin spread of players over the huge maps for MP =D

what exactly is divx? ive heard of it, but what does it do

OMG! I have such a hard-on now. That little combat clip was awesome. The movement was so fluid. I think I will quit procrastinating and order my copy today. Will the new island have an airport? A big one? Anyone know?

divx is a high video compression which beats all standard types like .mov or .avi or whatever

The TOP best which requires about a day of compression per hour to make is SVCD which is dvd quality and tiny space taking so it can be shared over the net quickly

i ordered mine last month biggrin.gif

but i wish they will change the sound of the bus, it sounds stupid.

i will seroiusly wet my pants if the AI reacts like that to big explosions, that would be too sweet, rather than just going prone and staring in the opposite direction.

URBAN AREAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.........*

don't drool too quickly

we all know how the collision detection works biggrin.gif

I'm Gonna snipe like iv never sniped before!!!!!

Hehe.....Only one way out of this town, Ruskie!...And i'm guarding it!

simply awesome smile.gif

can't wait to play it

if they fix the collision detection...too much fun.

it will be like in saving private ryan, tanks rolling through, sniper in the belltower taking out some infantry, and then the tank stops, aims at the tower, fires it's gun and the tower crumbles. ahh... *drool*

seems like most screenshots we've been seeing came from movies..and the scene where bus passes by...those buildings in the background seems soooo usuable, both floors...now CQB seems to be incorporated into OFP.....no one will doubt OFP's superiority now....(except PC Gayer US)

that last scene where Hinds fly in formation...gave me chills/orgasm..whatever you call it... biggrin.gif

me too  biggrin.gif i made an intro with 6 AH-64s flying in formation like that, well tried, didn't work too well. they all crashed into eachother

I can't get the movie it comes up with something about ftp error

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't get the movie it comes up with something about ftp error<span id='postcolor'>

I've got a similar problem. I can download it...but it's coruppted! AUGH! Anyone out there got a copy that works that they might send me on MSN Messenger??

Awsome! smile.gif If you lookes closely, you could see one of the russian soldiers crouching!Not putting one knee on the ground, but crouching, looks like they added more movement.I also freeked out when i saw the bus, and when that guy was sitting on his porch.Let me see if i can post a picture. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ May 15 2002,05:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't get the movie it comes up with something about ftp error<span id='postcolor'>

I've got a similar problem. I can download it...but it's coruppted! AUGH! Anyone out there got a copy that works that they might send me on MSN Messenger??<span id='postcolor'>

try THIS

That worked. Thanks Viper!

Looks pretty awesome...Hopefully it will be smile.gif

I wonder what the guy in the tractor thought as that flight of Hind's went by...

That whole movie was impressive!!

I mean, I dunno, but the sounds sounded alot better.

The graphics were better too. The scenery was greatly improved.

Better trees and scenery!

The whole damn thing just looked COOL!