Sign in to follow this  
interstat

Xbox and flashpoint

Does anyone know when Flashpoint is coming out for XBOX?

Resistance will be bundled with it apparently, will Red Hammer be as well?

Don't know and don't care. Hate to see OFP put into the hands of the average console gamer. Now we are going to get all kinds of dipshit forum members. sad.gif

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't survive another thread about After Montignac mission or how to distinguish between friendlies and enemies!!!!

wow.gif Worse! There's no left shift and minus keys on the XBOX to invoke the ENDMISSION cheat! wow.gif

i own OPF for the computer and i own a xbox and i think it will be a great addition if they do it right so stop dissing all xbox users.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GulfWar @ May 14 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so stop dissing all xbox users.<span id='postcolor'>

We're not - just those that will buy OFP for Xbox - that's all. biggrin.gif

Its going to be hard for them to adapt Flashpoint for the X-BOX. How the hell are you going to be able to command a squad quickly with the hand held controller?

What will aiming be like without a mouse?

It could be a total nightmare or a very, very, very amazing conversion.

Well, will have to wait and see.

And what XBOX players gonna say after being killed 20 times in one minute in Steal the Car mission tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 14 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what XBOX players gonna say after being killed 20 times in one minute in Steal the Car mission  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"The yellow box says I'm zero meters away from the car but there's no car there - just Russians. Is this a bug?"

tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I take it tbere is a general consensus that Console gamers are a bunch dumb ass Private Piles.

Have to agree with you there. Flashpoint is game where you have use your brain and combat techniques.

Can't see console gamers being intelligent enough or patient enough with the game.

Shame if the X-Box conversion is done moderately well.

Microsfot should have kept it at a high price to keep average consolers away from games such as Flashpoint.

Flashpoint for the Ubermensch!

OFP on xbox... I doubt it would be as good anyway. The editor might be missing but I'm not sure about that. Thats what I heard from a friend altho he don't use xbox. Who needs it when you got an upgradeable PC.

I raised this point on another topic on behalf of console gamers.

Yes, I have an XBox and a PC. It is true that the XBox is never and will never be as good as the PC due to the extensive scipting and editing facilities offered by the PC version, but that doesn't mean that the XBox version won't be a good game. Here are some points.

1. BIS are giving you the origional game, Resistance and all the upgrades in one package.

2. My PC is hardly top of the range (PIII 700, 128mb RAM, Geforce 256) and as a result I stick to small ops missions - see my campaign website. I look forward to the ability to play through the campaigns again with better graphpics, performance and minimum slowdown.

3. Multiplayer, both on broadband, system link and splitscreen. Halo system link is the best multiplayer game I've played so far and OFP can only improve with its wealth of options. Even split screen is a good laugh with a few mates.

4. I don't mind not having a complex mission editor - I'll leave that to the PC. But one which allows you to make small mulitplayer scenarios would be just fine or even a scenario generator like Halo.

5. Contrary to popular belief, the Xbox contoller is the best on the market at the moment. I easily got the hang of it within 10 minutes, but on my mate's PS2, it took me two hours on Unreal Tournament to even get the basics of looking around. Anybody who says that the Xbox controller couldn't handle OFP has obviously never played Halo. And no, its not too big, it fits really comfortably into my hands.

6. The command system. Lets face it, the PC command system has too many unuseful options - I've only ever used fire-teams once or twice and I've never sent anybody running East - I didn't even know the command existed up until recently. I hope that BIS will cut down the command system so it has less options but is still efficient. Ways of contolling this could be similar to the N64's Perfect Dark bot control system or even an Unreal Tournament drop down menu.

In my opinion, OFP will be a good game on the XBox, even though reviewers will probably slate it because they won't think that its fun to play. However, I will definitely be buying it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're not - just those that will buy OFP for Xbox - that's all. <span id='postcolor'>

Why because you've got enough money to upgrade your PC every month or you can afford broadband internet. Why do you care?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I take it tbere is a general consensus that Console gamers are a bunch dumb ass Private Piles.

Have to agree with you there.  Flashpoint is game where you have use your brain and combat techniques.  

Can't see console gamers being intelligent enough or patient enough with the game.

<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif I don't appreciate the sentiment. Altho I don't consider myself a serious gamer - I hardly get the time these days - I don't see you have a reason to stereotype console ppl. Would you consider yourself better or even more intelligent than the average console gamer. I'm working hard on a MOD for OFP which I run and have done so for 6 monthes. I buy OFP for XBox and suddenly I loose my patience and intelligence?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't know and don't care. Hate to see OFP put into the hands of the average console gamer. Now we are going to get all kinds of dipshit forum members. <span id='postcolor'>

Mate, I was a member of Lustypooh's origional editing center when I was creating missions for the DEMO. You were new once too, and I probably thought you were a dipshit at the time - so you've got no need to slag off others.

Finally, why do you all give one. You're obviously not going to buy it so just leave it for ppl who are to enjoy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrCrispPacket @ May 14 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My PC is hardly top of the range (PIII 700, 128mb RAM, Geforce 256) and as a result I stick to small ops missions -<span id='postcolor'>

I have a PIII 450, 256mb RAM, TNT2 and OFP works on here slow but still works. Soon I'll have an AMD Duron 900 but a PIII 700 is enough unless your one of these people who wants to put the res right up in which case you will make it slower, especially with a crap Gforce card. I'd get a Herc Kryo personally. It performs great on high res.

Like I've stated before, I have no problems with OFP on the Box, <span style='color:red'>AS LONG AS THERE IS A SEPERATE FORUM FOR THOSE BOX USERS THAN US PC USERS</span>

-=Die Alive=-

I personally hope that OFP comes out on all the platforms and does amazing. I mean gee, the last thing I want is BIS to actually make money.

And for the forums after it's released it's not like really highly evolved intelectual conversation goes on here at the moment. At least the Xboxers won't be whining about oxygen and crap plane addons all the time smile.gif

COLINMAN

i have an xbox, and that dosent make me a dipshit. But i dont look forward to thousands of newbieson the forums either.

O and ill definately get ofp on xbox.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mate, I was a member of Lustypooh's origional editing center when I was creating missions for the DEMO. You were new once too, and I probably thought you were a dipshit at the time - so you've got no need to slag off others.

<span id='postcolor'>

No no! I don't mean that having noobs is a bad thing. I mean that we will get 10 year old dipshit kids posting dumb crap on the forum. I think that right now most of the forum members are fairly mature people that have a genuine interest in the game. Exposing OFP to the average console gamer would just widen the fan base to a different sort. Good for BIS because it means more $$$, so they can develop more games. The only thing I could see good about OFP on X Box would be that perhaps it will have a better netcode than the current MP. Plus you could play MP with a bunch of buddies right there at home with 0 lag. (If the game will be set up to have a MP interface that allows multiple people to play at the same console. If it had these features I might consider buying an X-Box. Damn they are expensive though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 14 2002,13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't know and don't care. Hate to see OFP put into the hands of the average console gamer. Now we are going to get all kinds of dipshit forum members. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you...

Console is the lowest gaming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 15 2002,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it had these features I might consider buying an X-Box. Damn they are expensive though.<span id='postcolor'>

Well not anymore! The price should drop to 199$ in next couple of days!