Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

An experiment i was thinking of

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just look carefully, the machine guns never fire<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, you don't have to look very carefully.

That thing really annoyed me, good that someone else

noticed that, too. smile.gif

I think that it's just one of the many mistakes in that movie..

Don't forget, Hollywood doesn't have the best track record for realism in its films. They are produced for entertainment value only. And if that means making all the Axis forces mindless drones so be it. (My god Chuck, the're firing flaming babies at our wounded! Cue slow motion, patriotic music, as single soldier slots 30+ enemy soldiers, and stands triumphant as their black evil blood pours out.

Pretty strange considering the US effort on D Day was achieved mainly by the sheer amount of troops poured in. Most of them were green, and hadn't seen any action yet (With a few notable exceptions) and were torn to pieces by some of the hardened German Units. Of course after that the Darwinian effect comes in and the ones that don't learn from the experience are either dead or going to die.

I say don't use them in open field! Just drop them deep into enemy territory where they can do some real damage! Use the squad only for SpecOps (assassinations of enemy generals, blowing up bridges and echelons etc. well pretty much use them as guerilla fighters) This way they will last way longer!