Sign in to follow this  
rory_pamphilon

Can't lock on to target after respawn??

Hi guys,

Please can u help on an issue I hav with my custom level.

I hav four soldiers in a group, 1 is player, 3 are playable for coop purposes.

Very basic respawn script used but when I do respawn and jump in a vehicle/chopper I can no longer lock onto targets, square appears around target but no circle & no lock sound??

Anybody experienced this before??

Let me guess: it is a two-seater (pilot/gunner), you're alone in and switched to manual fire....

Lol yep, two seated planes and choppers. I noticed also after I respawn I'm not squad leader anymore?

Edited by rory_pamphilon

Because you're using "GROUP" respawn. Once your squad leader dies, you spawn into someone else.

Nvrmind I got the spawning as leader sorted, I had the ranks all messed up in the unit properties.

Still can't lock on though?

Actually I just double checked and I can't lock at all with any of the two seaters when flying alone and on manual fire. What am I doing wrong?

Works for me:

1. Get into the pilot seat.

2. Order your AI gunner to get in as gunner.

3. Switch to manual fire.

In case of the AH-64D or any other heli that has a AI controlable gun

4. Set your Ai gunner to DANGER - SCAN - ENGAGE AT WILL.

Might need to give him targets, although most of the times when he spots a unit he will engage it.

*Respawn is BASE here and i have highest rank.

Afaik it isn't possible to fire hellfires or other 'lock' missles when you don't have an AI gunner.

No iv been able to fly 2 seaters alone as pilot and use manual fire for years in bennys warfare. It definitely is possible, iv just missed something out maybe.

Is it because the other humans(AI before humans join) are grouped with me? Iv got four AT troops on either side set to playable and grouped together into west group of four & east group of four.

No iv been able to fly 2 seaters alone as pilot and use manual fire for years in bennys warfare. It definitely is possible, iv just missed something out maybe.

Is it because the other humans(AI before humans join) are grouped with me? Iv got four AT troops on either side set to playable and grouped together into west group of four & east group of four.

It has been changed by a patch recently, so far we don't know if by design or by mistake. People can't agree on if this should be kept (hey, there is a reason why it has 2 seats) or changed back (hell, it is unbalanced as BLUFOR has mostly singleseater planes).

So the only way actually is to have the gunner seat taken by either a player or at least a AI.