Sign in to follow this  
Rindier

Bomb site reticule?

Myself and multiple friends have noticed that the site reticules on airplanes for free fall bombs like the A-10 is inacurate. has anyone made a mod that fixes this or is there a plan to patch this? :cool:

Wrong section for this. This needs to be in request section.

To answer your question Mandos is a good addon that adds a better targeting sight for dumb bombs.

Rindier, that isn't a bomb sight indicator on the HUD - it's just the flight path marker with a line linking it and the nose direction. So basically if you want to aim bombs then you have to realize that the bomb will hit the ground below the flight path marker - to what distance varies depending on attitude and the velocity of the aircraft. But yeah, this is definitely in the wrong section buddy. mando missiles will probably be the best bet.

Myself and multiple friends have noticed that the site reticules on airplanes for free fall bombs like the A-10 is inacurate. has anyone made a mod that fixes this or is there a plan to patch this? :cool:

The "bug" is caused by the parallax effect introduced some time ago. The player camera moves around under maneourvering.

There are several possible ways to fix it but all require a config rework. Some new addons do factor this in but there isnt a blanket fix addon out there that i know of.