Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

How to command soldiers to use RPG?

One of my soldiers is carrying a rifle with a RPG slung over his shoulder.

How do I order him to use the RPG?

-

One of my soldiers is carrying a rifle with a RPG slung over his shoulder.

How do I order him to use the RPG?

-

He will choose the right weapon for the job on it's own. Just order to engage a vehicles or APC or tank. He wil start to move into optimal firing range first.

In the case in question we were at a range of about 500 meters

The enemy had sniper rifles with a range of 600 meters.

I had hoped Ivan would use his RPG.

-

In the case in question we were at a range of about 500 meters

The enemy had sniper rifles with a range of 600 meters.

I had hoped Ivan would use his RPG.

-

Yes the A.I. does this sometiems but AT rounds are extremly uneffective against Infantry in open terrain.

Yes the A.I. does this sometiems but AT rounds are extremly uneffective against Infantry in open terrain.

I thougt RPG means "Rocket Propelled Grenade".

The US army propelles grenades with the M203

-

I thougt RPG means "Rocket Propelled Grenade".

The US army propelles grenades with the M203

-

I don't think that m203 rounds are propelled by rockets, I could be wrong though.

You are right they are not.

But they are still grenades propelled by another means.

-

You are right they are not.

But they are still grenades propelled by another means.

-

Sorry but RPG usually means something shoulder launched, what you mean is simply called grenade launcher. 500m is to far for the M203.

Like Beagle said, the AI do sometimes use RPGs against infantry when they feel like it. (But you can't really order them to do.) In my experience, they seem to fire rockets against infantry more when the enemy is using cover or around buildings rather than out in the open.

This is actually a sensible tactic, as the rockets most AIs carry are anti-tank rockets--which are only marginally effective against infantry. They are at least good for blowing up hard cover that infantry may be hiding behind. The HEAT rockets (PG-7) are built for armor penetration, and do not have shrapnel effects like the HE (OG-7) rockets do. You hardly ever see AIs carrying OG-7 rockets, however.

On the US side, the HEDP rockets (high explosive dual purpose) are effective against both armor and infantry. And the M203 grenades used in the game are HE, so they are actually more effective against infantry than the much larger but armor piercing PG-7 rockets.

Edited by Xenios

РПГ (RPG) stands for Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомёт (Ruchnoy Protivotankovyy Granatomyot). It means 'hand held anti tank grenade launcher'. It's not English.

It exist anti personal grenades in game for rpg-7, the soldiers seems to use them when the eneym is hard to reach with rifles.

Otherwise maybe you can access it with the action menu, i will try to look into this.

Edited by Sirex1