Sign in to follow this  
scifer

Alternating music by moods.

I'd like to put some music files in my mission's \music folder and alternate them by mood like when it's night or when you are being suppressed by the enemy.

Please give me some ideas :)

Edit: I just released my first script. I think it does things that are missing in arma 2. And I don't know any other script that does it. It's called Behaviour Jukebox. Have a look. ;)

Edited by scifer
Add info

I'm trying to get this working but I don't know what is wrong :confused:

_mood = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector",[0,0,0]];
_mood setTriggerActivation [player,"EAST D",true];
_mood setTriggerStatements ["this","playMusic 'combat'","playMusic 'safe'"];

I swapped the "playMusic" commands by "hint" and it didn't work neither.

Are these custom music files placed in /sounds? OGG format? Or are you using stock BIS tracks.

If custom, try PlaySound instead of PlayMusic.

Edited by 121.Saint
Spelling error

Is it possible to create crossfade effect between music tracks? How?

PlayMusic works well with custom tracks. No need to use playSound. PlayMusic only supports one track at a time, but playSound may be able to play several sounds but have no volume or fade control.

So you can fade between them using playMusic, play them simultaneously using playSound, but a simultaneous crossfade is impossible. I don't think you can redefine builtin tracks to use playSound though, as I have had problems with similar stuff for other sounds in the vanilla game.

I find that this is a cool idea but unless theres a way to crossfade from 1 track to the next no point in using it. i was using it and it was realy cool but the abrupt ending in the middle of a track only to start the same track over was anoying. When going from safe to combat the abrupt track changing is really bad.

If its possible. Have the currently playing track fade out when a mood change invokes a new track and have the new track fade in as the current one fades out for a smooth transition. That alone would make it 1000x better. Loved the BHD score.

I find that this is a cool idea but unless theres a way to crossfade from 1 track to the next no point in using it. i was using it and it was realy cool but the abrupt ending in the middle of a track only to start the same track over was anoying. When going from safe to combat the abrupt track changing is really bad.

If its possible. Have the currently playing track fade out when a mood change invokes a new track and have the new track fade in as the current one fades out for a smooth transition. That alone would make it 1000x better. Loved the BHD score.

I updated to version 1.0 now it has dynamic fade out. That means the music fades out only when stress decreases but plays instantly when it increases like when an alert or danger situation suddenly happens. It's not totally calibrated but in next version I will decrease stress relief rate so tracks will change even less abruptly than in 1.0.