Sign in to follow this  
Airborne

Huey in OPF!

I think you are all day dreaming here.

Even if some of the units for VBS make it into OFP, it will have to be when VBS is done, or near it.

By then, we could make our own models.

I see this as exactly as what they did to the british with the orginal version of ofp.. they gave the british the faulty version of ofp and let them beta test it! then gave us americans the good version, now both have beta tested for this thing that the marines can use! what is the world coming to when our military trains on video games...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from colt on 11:45 pm on Dec. 14, 2001

I wish people would read the accompying text as well looking at the nice shiny pretty pictures on the VBS site mad.gif

We probably will get 'some' of the vehicles the future. I don't think that majority of vehicles are " confidential ". I mean you can go into a bookstore or look on the web and find pics or info on nearly all military hardware.

The only confidential part of VBS would be the background stuff and the map editor. For me, that would be the abilty to take maps of real world terrain and incorporate it into the OFP engine. Those who have seen the Powerpoint presentation or Quakergamer's screenshots will know what I'm typing about. :biggrin:

<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, and you can also download it smile.gif. Anyway i'm working with some peeps to build an exporter for 3ds max 4 (p3d). If we have a p3d exporter we could make new objects!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from quakergamer on 6:12 pm on Dec. 15, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from colt on 11:45 pm on Dec. 14, 2001

I wish people would read the accompying text as well looking at the nice shiny pretty pictures on the VBS site mad.gif

We probably will get 'some' of the vehicles the future. I don't think that majority of vehicles are " confidential ". I mean you can go into a bookstore or look on the web and find pics or info on nearly all military hardware.

The only confidential part of VBS would be the background stuff and the map editor. For me, that would be the abilty to take maps of real world terrain and incorporate it into the OFP engine. Those who have seen the Powerpoint presentation or Quakergamer's screenshots will know what I'm typing about. :biggrin:

<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, and you can also download it smile.gif. Anyway i'm working with some peeps to build an exporter for 3ds max 4 (p3d). If we have a p3d exporter we could make new objects!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Decrypting a .pbo file would take ages.

Don't waste your time on it, it's not worth it

Hey you guys quit complaining about "Beta testing" nonsense. When BIS starts selling this to governments they will get filthy rich unlike most new developers, and they will come back and make more great games. Like... OFP2

right on residuum. CM/BiS making money is actually in OFP's favor ..... This gives them the financial rest to work on OFP2 or OFP without to much worries of money.

yeah, I don't know if anyone noticed in that picture in the first post..... but the Huey seems to have blokes sitting on the side it.

marine-9e.jpg

this looks so cool.

To be honest I think that they will release the Huey. But there probably are stuff that they aren't going to release.

(Edited by Jamesia at 6:04 pm on Dec. 23, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from drewb99 on 9:27 pm on Dec. 14, 2001

Yeah, well feast your eyes on these:

marine-9d.jpg

marine-2.jpg

marine-9f.jpg

And the best part is we're not getting them!

<span id='postcolor'>

The last one has 'COMING SOON' on it, and you can't buy VBS, so it must be a mesage for us!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from drewb99 on 9:27 pm on Dec. 14, 2001

Yeah, well feast your eyes on these:

marine-9d.jpg

marine-2.jpg

marine-9f.jpg

And the best part is we're not getting them!

<span id='postcolor'>

The last one has 'COMING SOON' on it, and you can't buy VBS, so it must be a mesage for us!

Yer the message would be f**k off and join the usmc well anyway we should get some of the new stuff from vbs1 in the new year but i think bi are planning on releasing a addon cd with it all on

That last pic has someone standing up at the back.

Can you walk around inside vehicles in this?

That isnt a huey but its good enough for me. Its either a bell 212 or 412 I think, i dont give a crap though it looks like one and it probably sounds like one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from [MDR]Zulu on 1:27 am on Dec. 24, 2001

That isnt a huey but its good enough for me. Its either a bell 212 or 412 I think, i dont give a crap though it looks like one and it probably sounds like one.<span id='postcolor'>

Pointed that out a page ago, noone seemed to notice, and yes its a 212.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedRogue on 1:24 am on Dec. 24, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from [MDR]Zulu on 1:27 am on Dec. 24, 2001

That isnt a huey but its good enough for me. Its either a bell 212 or 412 I think, i dont give a crap though it looks like one and it probably sounds like one.<span id='postcolor'>

Pointed that out a page ago, noone seemed to notice, and yes its a 212.<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed and you're right...I think.

*gives a blank look*

Am I sad if I don't know every single type of military vehicle?