Sign in to follow this  
Defunkt

Reduce the default thermal intensity for vehicles without a heatmap

The reason we're talking about this is Kotov12345 stated that FLIR was a really new technology and the M1 tank series didn't get it until 2005. At any rate, it seems like at least some M1s had FLIR, but maybe some of them didn't, I don' t know. I was just unable to find any information on M1s without flir, and evidently you have never seen them. You've just heard that they had retrofitted sets. The point is that FLIR is not new. I was just finding information for Kotov12345.

errr...sorry...1992's M1 had FLIR already...that's for sure!!! Albeit not as fancy as our's ;)

Edited by Beagle

errr...sorry...1992's M1 had FLIR already...that's for sure!!! Albeit not as fancy as our's ;)

so my question is - why we haven't got m1a1s with flir in game ?

why we use nightview ?

why we use nightview ?

Man...you play the wrong game...were talking about ArmA II Combined Operations 1.57...ArmA II with Operation Arrowhead Addon. Arrowhead has functional TI in it.

why we use nightview ?

This is a wide question so let's look at it from some different angles.

The tanks in ArmA 2 do not have FLIR because ArmA 2 does not have a flir simulation. FLIR was introduced in Operation Arrowhead. In Combined Operations, the old vehicles from ArmA 2 do not support the new FLIR simulation, and do not use it.

The M1a1 in Operation Arrowhead has FLIR in the gunsights, but not in the Commander's view. A separate FLIR camera for the commander was not added until 2005 when the M1a2 was given the CITV. The gunner in Operation Arrowhead should have, in order, Day TV, Night vision, TI WHOT, and TI BHOT if you press 'n' to cycle through them.

This is a wide question so let's look at it from some different angles.

The tanks in ArmA 2 do not have FLIR because ArmA 2 does not have a flir simulation. FLIR was introduced in Operation Arrowhead. In Combined Operations, the old vehicles from ArmA 2 do not support the new FLIR simulation, and do not use it.

The M1a1 in Operation Arrowhead has FLIR in the gunsights, but not in the Commander's view. A separate FLIR camera for the commander was not added until 2005 when the M1a2 was given the CITV. The gunner in Operation Arrowhead should have, in order, Day TV, Night vision, TI WHOT, and TI BHOT if you press 'n' to cycle through them.

I suggest you take a look at Xeno426's mods that fix this.

Man...you play the wrong game...were talking about ArmA II Combined Operations 1.57...ArmA II with Operation Arrowhead Addon. Arrowhead has functional TI in it.

I'm only play oa lol

Hope it's okay to bump this, I've only just noticed this suggestion was actioned recently (86217). Nice. Thanks Suma et al and the CIT Team.