Sign in to follow this  
djk1518

Ram issues

Latley I've noticed arma only uses about 600-700 mb of my 4gs of ram, can anyone help? Even when i set it to max in a launcher, nothing changes

Are you running it on Windows 7 or Vista? If so just try running the game as administrator then see if it works. And can you give a littel more info about your system like what bit your running 32 or 64?

Edited by Haystack15

My fps can drop pretty rapidly in some locations, but its nothing too serious. I just wanted to figure out if there was a way I could utilize this extra 1.6gs of ram I'm not using

There's no need to duplicate your threads. Please refrain from doing so in the future. For now, I've merged them.

Was there really any need to make a double post of this thread 30 mins after you posted the original thread yesterday?

original thread being here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113203

well maybe you will get a junior mod badge!

I would assume he had Browser mistake, and just DBL posted.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Latley I've noticed arma only uses about 600-700 mb of my 4gs of ram, can anyone help? Even when i set it to max in a launcher, nothing changes

Well you would need to use a 64bit OS? And then it (the game) is only going to take what it wants, so you cant make it use any more. Some will say turning of the pagefile will force the OS to use only RAM, and then that is what the game can only use.. but the game will never use more than it wants. Max amount of RAM my system has used with the current Beta is 1.4GB~ I have win64 and 12GB.

Would be helpful to have more system info from you.

well maybe you will get a junior mod badge!

I would assume he had Browser mistake, and just DBL posted.

Oh i see so not only have you now accused me of being a wanna be mod in another thread (Here) by flaming but you have continued your bashing (flaming) directed towards me in another thread, and therefore made it a personal issue that you feel you have with me.

For the record it is unlikley that he had browser issue when the post were made 30 mins apart plus the fact the original post did not match word for word, 2-5mins apart matching word to word, maybe so, either way the post was doubled regardless.

Edited by teaboy

well maybe you will get a junior mod badge! I would assume he had Browser mistake, and just DBL posted.

Come on, the second thread was made over 30 minutes after the first. It wasn't a browser mistake.

I don't know why you had to bring up the subject again when I had already fixed it, but how about we tone down the belittling of teaboy? And teaboy, rather than responding to said belittling, just report it and let us handle it next time. ;)

My bad, I had thought I posted the original in the arma 1 thread, I'm using win 64

Edited by djk1518