Sign in to follow this  
Bang

How do you Start Engines

Hello,

I just purchased Arma II and the expansions. I have never played it before, but so far I am very impressed with the game.

I am at a loss trying to figure out how to start the engines on the helicopters (and probably aircraft also).

When I first get in the pilots seat the engines are running, but then they throttle down and turn off and I cannot find in the key maps or manual how to start them back up.

I'm sure it is obvious, but I just don't see it. Could someone help me with this?

Thank you,

Bob

Thank you. I seen that thread after I posted. Ain't that the way it always goes?

If you just want to start the engines, tap Q. If you want to turn it off, use the scroll menu's Engine Off action.

When you're landed, letting go of Q doesn't apply torque to the rotors and puts them at "idle speed" (as I call it hehe, anyways, it's lower than needed to take off), holding Q applies torque, makes the rotor turn faster (it might take a few seconds to reach "optimal speed") and lift off.

Basically just read the Official Game Menu that comes with the game before you play.