Sign in to follow this  
Skwurl

Bad Version Rejected - But I'm up to date!

Okay, so I just bought the Steam version of OA, got it updated to 1.56, and when I list the available multiplayer servers, 90% of them are red.

I realize that some of them run @ mods, but when I click on the ones that don't, it says: "Version Required: 1.57" in red, and below that "Current Version: 1.57"

What am I missing here?

Edited by Skwurl

update again, the latest version is 1.57 and was released like 2 hours ago

update again, the latest version is 1.57 and was released like 2 hours ago

Yeah, I did. I think maybe everyone else is behind still...

I am having this issue also! I have a steam version unfortunately. Steam says OA & PMC is updated to V1.57. When I am on the server page on the lower right it states Version 1.57 then below that Required 1.57 (in red) and when I launch i get error Bad Version....... I can't find a way of updating again. I am ignorant when it comes to steam. I guess I'll have to try steam support. I HATE STEAM!!!

Edited by <82ndAB>Ferret
adding more info

Here is another having the same problem with Steam and ArmA II v1.57

This time it seems that the problem is not as in BattleEye

previous patch. It looks too complicated to you these people

of Steam, but users are the ones who stayed offline with

a patch to improve performance, is ironic.

I have ArmAII/Operation Arrowhead/BAF/PMC on Steam (Seems bad choice)

Greetings and happy holidays.

Subtitles for the DLC´s campaings in Spanish please.

actually if the version number is red then there is something wrong ...

you should see the number in normal text color

what's the server if i may ask ? (Ip or name)

are you running any beta patch? maybe this is problem..

No beta patch running after, when i try to connect to any 1.57 server i got a splash message "Te han echado del juego" ¿You are kicked from game?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Sorry my problem seems diferent, i see the numbers in grey not in red, but any server let me get in.

Sorry for my English

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Changing my problem to this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112053 or new Thread i dont know

Thanks and sorry.

Edited by HardNimal

Thanks Dwarden for your reply!

Version number is not red the word required and number is red.

Server =WB= ip 208.167.244.36:2302

There are others who have steam with updates that are not having any problems, so I don't think its a server issue or ARMA has to be steam related I think. possibly during the DL? I can not find a way of DL ing the patch again.

Not running beta patch either.

OK I just noticed when playing single player it shows on a splash screen ver. 1.56.7... Wonder why the server screen shows ver. 1.57 but the game splash shows ver. 1.56.7.... ? Must be a steam issue! Grrrrr

Edited by <82ndAB>Ferret
adding info

ok do just this

1. exit STEAM

2. start STEAM via "run as Administrator"

(if you dont have ARMA 2 on steam skip to 4)

3A. select ARMA 2 in the STEAM's games list via left mouse button

3B. then right mouse button > menu Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache > wait/let it dl

3C. run ARMA 2 once

4A. select ARMA 2: OA in the STEAM's games list via left mouse button

4B. then right mouse button > menu Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache > wait/let it dl

4C. run ARMA 2:OA

that's it

ok do just this

1. exit STEAM

2. start STEAM via "run as Administrator"

(if you dont have ARMA 2 on steam skip to 4)

3A. select ARMA 2 in the STEAM's games list via left mouse button

3B. then right mouse button > menu Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache > wait/let it dl

3C. run ARMA 2 once

4A. select ARMA 2: OA in the STEAM's games list via left mouse button

4B. then right mouse button > menu Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache > wait/let it dl

4C. run ARMA 2:OA

that's it

No joy Dwarden still no update! checked other servers no prob to get in Ver. 1.56 but any 1.57 is a no go so conclusion my steam has not updated! dunno why? I know others have gotten there update.

I getting fed up with steam. I am likely going to have to try and find a CD of OA this is unacceptable! I was reluctant to use steam but could not find a retail copy none of it in my local stores, They seem not to bother carrying much for PC games any more. I guess big business's like software and retail seem to think there's not enough profit available from us PC gamers I guess we are obsolete! Its a shame cause games like ARMA have a huge following in the PC community.

question do You have any DLC on STEAM ? if so please make sure You tried teh integrity check on them too

after integrity check, start each DLC once, same goes for ARMA 2, that's to finalize the registry entries etc

Yes BAF and PMC on top of OA.

I tried to verify then launch all three one after the other but steam says servers to busy...

also when I verify PMC I get a confirmation pop up asking if I want to delete Arma II OA PMC I never tried to delete it only verify files.

well i would try this

please erase

\BAF\

\PMC\

in main directory of \ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ directory

but NOT in \DLCsetup\ !!!

then please check in DLCsetup\PMC\PMC_data\ if there by w/e reason exist directory named \Addons\

if yes then get rid of it including it's content

then let game re-install both DLC

Issue Resolved

Complete Uninstall of all traces of steam, then reinstall steam and DLC. To my surprise after more than a week of Servers To Busy messages I got connection and was able to DL from steam!

I'm super confused... I'm getting this problem on the DAO server except I don't even have steam! :confused:

Halp anyone? It's only happening with some servers...

yep , ive noticed this aswell.

when I click on a server is says on the right :

"version 1.59 - Required 1.59 (in red) , so I have the correct version , but the server has the red cross next to it, I get the rejected message when connecting.

I dont use steam for this game.

servers with equalModRequired might cause this

you probably cannot join with full DLC there..

Last night I could see a server in the list -=WASP=- , playing Warfare with a good number of players , I really wanted to join , but it was showing with a red X and said "bad version" when I tiried to connect.

It wasnt showing any special mods in the list , it also said 'version required 1.59" - I have this ...:confused:

Best contact them and ask them. As per the post above yours, is likely the reason.

Get back here and tell us what you found out.