Sign in to follow this  
Sabbath

[Resolved] Multiplayer servers with red crosses.

This is a strange one, when I start the game and go to multiplayer, I have about 15 percent servers with green dots, 15 percent with yellow dots with the exclamation mark, 10 percent are red crosses and the other 60 percent are red crosses with no server names, 0 players and a question mark for the ping. In the past I have just ignored the red crosses as servers I can't play on. Today however I clicked on a red cross with no server name showing and it changed to showing a server with a green or yellow dot, so I clicked on every red cross and 90 percent of them came up as servers with the green or yellow dots that I could actually play on. I would hate to have to do this everytime I play multiplayer now I know the servers are hiding.

Anyone got any insight as to why this happens ?

Thanks for reading.

Also after I click on all the servers with no info and a red cross and make them all appear, when I do a refresh they all disappear again and show as red crosses with no server name again.

Edited by Dwarden

Turned off both firewalls and Anti virus, forwarded ports, fresh install of all ARMA 2 software, formated computer and done anther fresh install of all software and still have all the blank servers with a red cross.

I guess with the lack of replies then I am one in a million. Surely someone else has this same problem.

red cross == completely different engine version or incompatible data

This is hard to explain.

I understand that servers with a red cross have different patch numbers so I can't play on them. What I am seeing is 60 percent red crosses with no information in the host, type, mission and status columns, a question mark for the ping and 0 players. If I click on a blank line, the red cross turns to a green dot and all the information appears.

How do I take a screen shot in ARMA 2 this would probably explain the situation better.

Incompatable Data so you get a red cross and of course very little or no info but then when you click on it it refreshes that line and the link is made in some cases.

I suggest if theyre servers that your MP friends have no probs with then id say you should look into your setup but if its just a general inquiry into red crosses id say dont worry about it and refresh or filter to your favourite server.

Ok lets try this another way, when I click on multiplayer I have no servers showing, all I get is a blank table with a column of red crosses down the left hand side. When I click to the right of a red cross a server appears and the red cross changes into a green dot.

This is not about incompatability, this is not about a diiferent engine. This is about no information at all just a red cross.

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

This is all I see.

"What we have here is failure to communicate" :rolleyes: :D

I've always had 3-10 servers or so (depending on filters, patches, alignment of planets, etc) showing up that way (red X, no other information), along with the usual mix of green/yellow/red. Same thing, click on the red crosses w/o info and lo and behold most become a regular red/yellow/green server with associated information.

I always assumed it was just an issue with those servers not replying before an arbitrary cutoff. Rarely have more than 5 or so pop up that way though and never any that turned out to have a low ping. You didn't happen to start running an unusual mod or miss a patch recently, did you?

"Still shaking it here boss" :cool::D

Thanks vohk, I was begining to think no one had at least one server that didn't show. To answer your question: I install arma 2 dvd, arma 2 OA dvd, BAF from sprocket, then the 1.56 patch. No add ons, no mods, just the files that come on the dvd and baf download. When I formatted and re-installed everything, I checked the multiplayer on ARMA 2 standalone before I installed OA and all the servers were showing. So this must be a problem with OA. I have had this problem since I first bought OA on release day so I don't think it has anything to do with the patches either mate.

I am in the third world country known as England, with a 5Mb connection, so maybe this is cutting out before all the servers have refreshed. I also thought that maybe the servers were not showing up because of high pings but alot of them have a 31 ping.

Download a Beta and run that, see if you get same results.

Download YOMA Addon Sync and see if all the UK servers show up fine.

Just check your filters in Mulitplayer screen are all default/blank.

You forwarding ports 2302-2305 UDP to your PC? Maybe you're only forwarding TCP packets and no UDP?

Until you resolve issue I'd be using a 3rd party server browser like YOMA or HLSW.

I just bought the new (in the usa) ARMA 2 combined operations pack. The single player works fine but when i go to play multiplayer all i have are red "x's" down the left side. All the info is there but when i click on a game to join it says "Bad version, sever rejected connection" im downloading the 1.59 patch now but im not sure if it will fix it. Someone let me know if it will plz,

p.s. Since im such new person to arma Where do i save the patch to? just in the arma 2 folder or in the addons?

Yes, this will fix it. New to ArmA, or new to all multiplayer games? Pretty much every game on the market requires you to update to the latest version if you want to play online.

You can also click once on a server, and read the server info down bottom of the screen, which says which version they are running, and what version you are running.

You download the patch. It's executable file you run, and it goes through an automated install wizard process. Easy stuff.

remeber as You have A2: CO pack You need to patch content of both ARMA 2 (to 1.09) and ARMA: Operation Arrowhead (to 1.59)

be aware that A2: OA 1.59 update contains only A2 update from 1.05 to 1.09

in case Your A2 is older (1.00 to 1.04) You must download and install first complete update for 1.00-1.09 from our download page

THANK YOU. I figured it out. The wizard wasnt working for me... >.> But i uninstalled it by deleting it completly from my system. I downloaded the 1.59 patch and it works great.

thanks for telling us ...