Sign in to follow this  
esfumato

DLC of Spanish Forces.

If they made a Spanish DLC that was a comprehensive representation of Spanish armed forces, with a solid campaign and new terrain (larger than Shapur), I would buy it.

Same goes for any real world armed forces.

problem is other

addonmaker care about details, realism , spend his time for free

example:

BIS since OFP do not care about realism in weapons/armament

OFP > burst in AK, Carl Gustav as guided, RPO-A as guided not flamethrower, RPG75NH in Soviet Army , this is only Czech weapon ??? V80 on Nogova , BMP ambulance which is typical Czech vehicle etc.

Arma1 > again BMP ambulance instead of MTLB, AKS74U with silencer from AKMS, AKS74U with the same fire range as AK74, US army using USMC equipment like AH1Z, M240G instead of B and Marines using M24 instead of M40, even finally US in woodland but having ACU type of pockets :(

Arma2 > AK107 along with RPG18, RPK-about fantasy

addonmaker do not do such thing, and spend his time and what ? people will throw his time into trash, cause download and play only not-good mistaken units ? as Russian with not issued AK107 and phased out 20 years ago RPG18 , US with SCAR, so if BIS would touch for example Spanish army they would have German G36 with double sight, while Spanish use single sight G36E, maybe they would give them M249 instead of HK MG4 or Cetme Ameli etc.

if BIS would do Polish army they would give them AKM instead of Beryl etc.

in such case addonmaker work is wasted time

if people prefere not real over real , than your time is wasted

---

when BIS do fictional armies - they can equip them anyway they want

but when making real armies - screws job

real army must be real, not fictional like it can be in case of RACS, SLA, CDF...

i understand MP server addons issue, but if someone wants to play Russian with Ak107 and RPG18 instead of AK74M and RPG26, than time spent by addonmaker is wasted and addonmaker can go to watch movie, play old good RTCW and not touch addons at all , and addonmaking will decrease totally (some of us even don't play games cause PC is less important than real life and we do all by addiction)

addonmakers oposite to BIS , care about such things as "what type of scope is used on such rifle, what type of vehicle is in mass use "

some addonmakers have big real-army experience, not ASG

BAF seems to me be realistic (although all have those handgrip L85 , not the L85 i see in many photos with old type of grip) but in case of BAF and Australian army - they cooperate in regard of VBS, so they had consultants

but in case of Russian forces , they screwed

addonmaker do not do such thing

Oh come on now vilas. For every realistic addon maker there is easily at least 10 who dont care about realism to the level you expect.

although all have those handgrip L85 , not the L85 i see in many photos with old type of grip

Pretty much all front-line combat troops deployed on Op Herrick (our code-name for the operations in A-stan) are deployed with the new multi-terrain pattern camo, new mk 7 helmets and mk 3 body armour, as well as the upgraded SA80A2 with RIS forward, ACOG and gripod:

c7c3c289.jpg

84e35136.jpg

nice , but anyway BIS SVD is switched to safe position

safe selector in closed :) BIS SVD cannot fire , but... players said they want more official DLC, even if rifle is set to "safe" like SVD which not changed since Arma1

nice , but anyway BIS SVD is switched to safe position

safe selector in closed :) BIS SVD cannot fire , but... players said they want more official DLC, even if rifle is set to "safe" like SVD which not changed since Arma1

Detail like that is unneeded IMO.

but for example annoys me when i see safe SVD firing

would you not be pissed when all M4/16 would had closed bolt cover on upper receiver ?

the same to SVD, AK, VSS etc.

simply model of SVD is safety locked

and it not annoys you AK107+RPG18 ?

imagine US with FN2000 and Bazooka ?

would you be happy with US with FN2000 + Bazooka

or MRAP with mounted M1919 ?

US in ACU + BAR 1918 ?

T72 has NSV, only T55 had DSzK, while BIS T72 has DSzK instead of NSVT

Edited by vilas

I tend to look at/for the enemy when we're firing, not a somebody elses safety lever. I never noticed it, and probably never will.