Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

Coffeecat's Single Player Missions

hey, thx for the feedback. i released the mission allready some months ago, but there was not any feedback so i lost interest in updates for it.

the tailhook script is a good idea, i know how hard it is to land without any help;) for the effect on target, if you use freelook you can see the effect very good. usually i fly that mission at 1200-1500km height. il think about updating it if theres more feedback, bit i cant promise since im currently working on a campaign.

@[TcB]-Psycho-

you find the officer on the lhd in the room where the briefing was in harvest red

I just found the skybreakers mission, it was pretty good.

I was curious as to what you used tp spawn the LHD, was it this script? I had an bug whereby the entire LHD disappears once you are onboard the harrier, but reappears when you zoom in slightly - it made landing purely by guesswork based on the position of the helicopters that were still visible on the deck. I suspect there's just way too much objects placed on the ship, causing the game to cut down on visible LODs - the LHD being one that thus vanishes.

Other than that it's not bad, the only targets were AA-tank type vehicles, if you wanted some variety you could also throw in a few soft targets like trucks or jeeps that the player could use their rockets on.

With re-arming, like [TcB]-Psycho- said only the bombs seem to be rearmed - it would be nice if everything was replenished. The added "magazine" of bombs also doesn't appear on the wings afterwards, and drop from the centre of the aircraft - try adding removemagazine "6Rnd_Mk82" before you add the next one in.

You mentioned flares in the mission, but useful flares only exist in arrowhead - if you wanted to make it CO-dependant you could reload those too; the code should be [jet] addmagazine "120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"

Also, one thing to note is that even though you repair the aircraft, it's a good idea to also heal the pilot - Arma does this thing where if a vehicle it damaged, it takes the equivalent percentage of the crew's health as well - so the player in this mission can only take 100% harrier hitpoints before he dies - even if the harrier was repaired back to 100% halfway (or even made the harrier invincible)

@TheCapulet, you're not supposed to land conventionally (i.e like a airliner) on the LHD's deck - the Harrier in-game has an autohover which makes it fly like a helicopter (although it can't ascend in this mode) - You're supposed to land vertically like a helicopter onto the deck - it's how it's done IRL and it definitely doesn't need a tailhook script.

excellent mission both mountain Warriors and sky breaker,,,, u r going into my great author list,,, all mission from u is a must play from now on....

love ur mission because they all smooth, fun, great design, challenging (just the right amount) and not overly ambitious but rubbish.

big ty for ur time and effort... it has been a blast to play ur mission...i enjoy every second on it...

Edited by j rock

@TheCapulet, you're not supposed to land conventionally (i.e like a airliner) on the LHD's deck - the Harrier in-game has an autohover which makes it fly like a helicopter (although it can't ascend in this mode) - You're supposed to land vertically like a helicopter onto the deck - it's how it's done IRL and it definitely doesn't need a tailhook script.

Honestly, I've never been able to get the Harrier to land properly in VTOL mode. F-35 poses no problem though. And I prefer to land my plane like an American. :P If I had it my way, I'd be using the F/A-18, using a perfectly serviceable and much more predictable tail hook method. lol

Yeah, it's tricky at first, but it's straightforward once you know how;

-Fly straight and level (the higher up the better), and start throttling back about 2 k's away from the ship.

- Dump full flap and gear, and keep decelerating.

- At about 200 KMH, switch on autohover, keep decelerating. nose up slightly if you want to slow down quickly.

- Then it's a matter of tilting the harrier in the direction you want to go, aim straight at the area in front of the UH-1y's. Using autohover on the ground with very small amounts of thrust also lets you rotate the aircraft around it's axis as well for easy taxiing.

not sure if you already know but on operation skybreaker if you start the harrier's engine the carrier diseappears for me. vehicle's are still on it but I just don't see the carrier.

the carrier dissapears? huh thats pretty strange, never happened to me and i cant imagine how that would happen. didnt hear that from others also..

well I can't see it. but it's there, I can just start the harrier take off and the other choppers are still on the carrier but it looks like they are in the air. might have to do something with other mods I'm running.

EDIT: this is after running without any mods

2011-05-28_00002.jpg?t=1306609629

Edited by rikjuuh

mh, cant reproduce it sorry. pretty strange. i know that the daytime made problems if you change it, cause the seaheight is different and that results in different height positions of the objects. but since the time doesnt change in beginning i have no clue. since i didnt hear that issue from other peoples it must be a problem on your side i guess

Edited by Coffeecat

just started the mission didn't changed anything. but I will have a look at it and post if I find the problem.

mh, cant reproduce it sorry. pretty strange. i know that the daytime made problems if you change it, cause the seaheight is different and that results in different height positions of the objects. but since the time doesnt change in beginning i have no clue. since i didnt hear that issue from other peoples it must be a problem on your side i guess

Coffeecat I reported the same issue in my first post. after dePBO'ing the mission I found the only thing that fixed the LHD vanishing was by moving the ship and everything on it closer to the edge of the map (where you have it positioned now is well outside the map boundary)

Ah didnt see that. Ok, il look into it and work out a update.

Coffeecat did you found out how to solve the problem? would like to try the operation skybreaker without the carrier disappearing :)

hey, i was not able to work on it so far, but i think il release an update in the next days.

I'm having the same problem with the invisible carrier, which is a shame, though I realise the problem is most likely on my side. If anyone can think of a reason why this is happening I would greatly appreciate a solution.

Just tried it and I'm glad to say it works, no more invisible carrier! Good job, thanks!

np, nice to see it fixed! i might release official version 1.1 with some other updates in the upcoming days.

will have a look later this afternoon.

EDIT: it works now!

Edited by rikjuuh

While playing mountain warrior, in the ambush part, do the IED blow up automatically when bluefor comes close to them? because they never did blow up, and the 6 guerrila's left with me were slaughtered.... using latest ACE version as well btw.

Great mission mate, I just had an hour of good fun. Nice with a change of scenery, there's always two sides to a war.

I hope you're not taking too much heat for your choice of setting and side, I thinks its great fun, getting to utilise some guerilla tactics instead of always being seal team six out to save the world.

So thanks alot, and keep the great work going :)

Great work coffeecat.

Only bug I noticed was the IED's dont appear to work as others have mentioned.

I dont know if it was intential, as it forced me to hide for 20 mins and work all the way round to a dead rpg guy and then use his rpg and grenades etc. Quite a challenge :)

Thanks,

thanks! what do you guys mean with the IED didnt work?

from the start you got 1 IED in your equiqment. this one you will place later on the ambush site on the street and blow it up via action menu as the convoy reaches the street in the compound. should work;)

thanks! what do you guys mean with the IED didnt work?

from the start you got 1 IED in your equiqment. this one you will place later on the ambush site on the street and blow it up via action menu as the convoy reaches the street in the compound. should work;)

It doesnt.

At least with me.

One you lay it, there is no option in the action menu to detonate.

great mission Coffeecat, love the intro and the small attention to details like the radio chatters that you put into the mission.

Almost finish the mountain warrior mission except when I am at the last task I noticed I dropped my bag for the AA weapon. When half way back then the game saved and the last patrol is on it's way. Any way to rectify this besides taking AT to blow the tank up? btw, the tank seems to purposely stop at the IED spot as well.