Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

New models with o2

Ok, i'm making lots of new models, go to my screenshots page, on htp://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/pics.htm

Lots of new air units made with O2, C-130 will be ready in a week. smile.gif

Goign to that page loads up microsoft help and support for me and then i get a "This page cannot be displayed" :/

Ah your link is missing a "t" in the http. Should haven oticed that biggrin.gif

Nice models but how many polys? One of the wireframes looked very high poly indeed

They will be ready in a week? That sounds awfully optimistic if what you have right now is just the raw 3d models. What about the interiors of the aircraft? What about the weapon systems? Sounds? How about moveable parts like flaps and propellors, ect..? Also last I heard there was some technical reason why C130's couldn't be used due to their size. Any success in getting a C130 or any large aircraft addon to fly in OFP?

Anyways, I wish you luck on your endeavors and I hope that indeed you're able to make some amazing addons!!!

Which addon/s are you planning on releasing next week?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Let's see:

-Mig-29: Hehe, it was about time someone made a good russian plane

-F-16: Good multirole fighter, and the model is good

-C-130: biggrin.gif YEEEHAAAA

-F-14: Good model, but what's a long range carrier based interceptor doing in this game? Has been adapted for ground attack, though

-Su-27: (i think): Same as mig-29

-Boeing 747: I can't see what purpose could it serve in the game, but of course, if you included it you surely have thought of something.

-Sr-71: WTF??

-Su-35 (is it?): YEEEHAAAA!!

-E-3 AWACS: Could serve as a target, and maybe you can make it detect all aircraft in the map...

-F-4: Great!

-Plane next to the phantom: What's that? looks like a CAS aircraft...

-The delta wing aircraft: Looks to me like a canadian interceptor that didn't enter service...

-Bomber next to the delta: Looks like a B-1 or a Tu-160... you want to carpet bomb the islands??

-F/A-18: YEEEHAAAA!!

-Bus: Very well done!

I really would like to have all this stuff in my hd... CANT WAIT sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which addon/s are you planning on releasing next week?<span id='postcolor'>

I think he said only the C-130. And don't forget, kegetys did that awesome hawk in less than a week.

The only thing i can see has use in this game is the C-130 most others are just plain to fast and not really suited for OFP

Please HOW, HOW on GODS GREEN EARTH CAN IMPORTING GREAT FIGHTER PLANES HURT OFP???

Sure there will be other addons, but if you dont wan't a plane then simply don't download it!

Please people stop complaining about the air addons.

Here we go again mad.gif

Look, if you think a plane doing 1000 per hour is too fast, why don't you modify the max speed in the config.cpp of any plane and give it a try?? I've tried with a f-16 falcon addon that was released and had a 9999 max speed. I changed the speed to 1000 and it wasn't too fast. Just change the view distance so you can see the targets far away!! The limit is 5000 meters and anybody with a decent computer can play with 3000. And, as paratrooper said: if you don't like fighter planes DON'T DOWNLOAD 'EM AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!

I agree! mad.gif

Well done models, but Argh, can't anyone do anything else than hundreds of dozens of planes for an infantry simulator. All who get the 02 makes only those ***** planes. We could really need more tanks, battle-choppers and other military vehicles.

Your C-130 is needed too though. We ain't got a transport plane yet. Cheers to that! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 07 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Plane next to the phantom: What's that? looks like a CAS aircraft...<span id='postcolor'>

That prop plane is a OV-10 Bronco, a FAC mostly, with WP rockets to mark targets for air strikes or call in arty. They were used from beginning of Vietnam war up to the Gulf war.

BTW, the props should be ALOT bigger than those in the pic.

-=Die Alive=-

If you want lots of planes buy a Janes Flight Simulator game like F/A-18 or USAF. These planes do not add anything to the gameplay except the hercules. OFP is in much more need of Sam's and Wheeled armor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ May 07 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 07 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Plane next to the phantom: What's that? looks like a CAS aircraft...<span id='postcolor'>

That prop plane is a OV-10 Bronco, a FAC mostly, with WP rockets to mark targets for air strikes or call in arty. They were used from beginning of Vietnam war up to the Gulf war.

BTW, the props should be ALOT bigger than those in the pic.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

ov10.jpg

that is the OV-10 Bronco the 3d model is not.

And nice work on the avro arrow also I think I have seen screen shots of that c-130 from mod a while back confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That prop plane is a OV-10 Bronco, a FAC mostly, with WP rockets to mark targets for air strikes or call in arty. They were used from beginning of Vietnam war up to the Gulf war.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, u must be right. There is something weird in the model though, i didn't recognize it at first...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want lots of planes buy a Janes Flight Simulator game like F/A-18 or USAF. These planes do not add anything to the gameplay except the hercules. OFP is in much more need of Sam's and Wheeled armor<span id='postcolor'>

I already have USAF, thanks. And yes, they would add to gameplay, as Kegetys Hawk demostrated. Also, nothing can compare to the feeling of shooting down a mighty jet with a man portable sam... By the way: you want sam's but you don't want aircraft?? Sams would be fair if planes were hard to hit, but an a-10 is easy to shoot down with shilka (if it doesn't send it to hell with a maverick first). Faster planes would be harder to hit, so you could have some targets for your sams. I agree we need more ground units, but that doesn't mean we can't have more planes if we want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And nice work on the avro arrow <span id='postcolor'>

Yeeaah, i didn't remember the name. Capitol building, boeing 747, awacs, f-14, canadian avro arrow? are you planning a campaign in north america??

The cockpit in the bronco is wrong, that's why i didn't recognize it. Are you 100% sure that's a bronco?? If so, it needs a lot of work!

Whats next you want to give the F-14 tomcat the phoenix missle?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 07 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And yes, they would add to gameplay, as Kegetys Hawk demostrated. Also, nothing can compare to the feeling of shooting down a mighty jet with a man portable sam... By the way: you want sam's but you don't want aircraft?? Sams would be fair if planes were hard to hit, but an a-10 is easy to shoot down with shilka (if it doesn't send it to hell with a maverick first). Faster planes would be harder to hit, so you could have some targets for your sams. I agree we need more ground units, but that doesn't mean we can't have more planes if we want.<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp, everyone of course is welcomed to make his own game as unrealistic and unplayable as possible, everyone has to know what addons he´s using. One has fun placing 300 satchel charges around a vehicle to detonate it as high as possible, others have fun playing OFP space invaders style with supersonic arcade fighters, even if the gameengine is not suited for this.

In that i agree with you, no point in having a long range interceptor. Unless he can think a good reason...

well, yes and no. There are a lot of long range interceptors i'm making, but i just made them because I wanted them. smile.gif

Well, i'll download all your planes. They don't want them? Don't download.