Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog72

Any TS3 overlay recommendation for MP?

I know arma2 has sorta integrated voice chat feature but if one needs to drive on the teamspeak 3 wagon I'm unsure what is out there...

There are a few possible candidates but I could hardly find any info on how well/how bad they play together with arma2 at all these days.

So before starting my own field tests I better ask here first - what are ppl using for arma2, what would you recommend or what should I forget before even starting to try it out?

I know some groups use TINT (still beta).

There are other plugins, head to TS3 website.

playclaw.com works great :) (and doubles as a FRAPS replacement)

-k

Yes I pretty much knew this list, ty.

I already had browsed those websites and forums before but did not find much info on using any of these for arma2 specifically... that's the reason I asked here for recommendations/insight of ppl who may even actively be using some of those overlays.

I really liked the old TS Overlay for TS2, so I was glad when overlays began to appear for TS3.

I tried TS Notifier and TS Overlay. Both of them sometimes worked and sometimes they didn't. I have no idea what causes this. Maybe dll installation isues or conflicts with updated TS3 versions - I have no idea. I stopped using overlays alltogether because I was not able to get them to work reliably.

This was several months ago and updated versions of the overlays and/or TS3 may have overcome these problems in the meantime.

Is there anything recommended for MP now?

I see TS3 comes with an Overlay plugin and TSNotifier is updated to work with TS3.0.7, but I'd like to know if they're safe (i.e. don't cause problems with BattleEye or cause Arma2/CO to crash) before I start using them.